View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 07:25 PM   #23
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 08.07.09 - Cincinnati, OH @ PNC Pavillion

Native Cincinnatian here:

There is actually a place down the street from Riverbend (PNC Pavilion) called AJ's Roadhouse that is a restaurant/bar and has hotel rooms as well. I would guess they have roughly 25-30 rooms. I have never stayed there so I can't speak to the accomadations, but the restaurant/bar is usually a good time. This is easily with in walking distance. If not, the next closest hotels would be in Eastgate (OH I-275 Rt. 32 Exit) Holiday Inn Eastagate or Hampton Inn. There may be a hotel in Alexandria, KY (which is right across the river from Riverbend off I-275) near Northern Kentucky University as well. I know there are a handful of restaurants there and seems like I remembered a hotel being there as well, but I can't say for sure. Staying downtown isn't bad either. You would only have a 15 minute drive, or a $25 cab ride (I'm guessing).

As far as no tailgatting in the parking lot, that's news to me. Riverbend (PNC Pavilion) is located right next door to River Downs (horse racing). We always park in their lot for shows at Riverbend and enjoy a few cocktails before we go in. Actually River Downs has a decent bar, Thirst N' Howl Tiki Bar, that has $1 drafts on Friday afternoons. It should be a real nice day, which means plenty of eye candy between there and Coney Island (huge swimming pool located next door as well).

This is the 1st year for this venue (PNC Pavilion). River Bend has a larger ampitheatre stage and lawn seating venue that Tool has played before. PNC was built for River Bend to bring in smaller drawing acts that couldn't justify the larger accomadations, so it really surprises me that Tool is playing here. I'm not complaining though, the smaller venue should make for an amazing show and there really isn't a bad seat in the house. I'm sure everyone will have a good time, let me know if I can answer any other questions.
OFFLINE |