View Single Post
grathrax's Avatar grathrax
07-22-2009, 12:05 AM

I showed up early and snagged a rail spot.

I loved the show, but have to get a complaint out of the way: The no camera policy included cell phones, and security were nazis about it. I found their constant use of flashlights to be a huge distraction, as I'm sure the band did as well. I understand banning flash photography, but YELLING at people about cell phone cameras is absurd. Especially since the dude behind me lit up a joint and they just snatched it from him and did nothing else. I really wanted to get some shitty up close pics to remember this night by...

Annnyyyywayyyy....

As I was leaving I asked for a security dudes setlist (they were all handed one at the start) and was denied. Two minutes later he tapped me on the shoulder and handed it to me. I'm assuming its because he asked my friend and I what song was playing at one point and because we were pretty proactive at helping with people that needed to get out of the crowd and with surfers.

Anyway, amusing points of the physical setlist:
"Nobby Intro" is written at the top
It is spelled Stink Fist
Next to Lateralus it says Danny * Cruddy Bitch

Good concert, better than the nosebleed seats I had in DC a few years ago. I have to say that 46 & 2 totally killed all the energy from Jambi and Stinkfist, and said energy didn't come back for me until the lasers in Rosetta Stoned. Aenima was great, and Lateralus was a religious experience just like last time.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #22
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 07.21.09 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Arena

I showed up early and snagged a rail spot.

I loved the show, but have to get a complaint out of the way: The no camera policy included cell phones, and security were nazis about it. I found their constant use of flashlights to be a huge distraction, as I'm sure the band did as well. I understand banning flash photography, but YELLING at people about cell phone cameras is absurd. Especially since the dude behind me lit up a joint and they just snatched it from him and did nothing else. I really wanted to get some shitty up close pics to remember this night by...

Annnyyyywayyyy....

As I was leaving I asked for a security dudes setlist (they were all handed one at the start) and was denied. Two minutes later he tapped me on the shoulder and handed it to me. I'm assuming its because he asked my friend and I what song was playing at one point and because we were pretty proactive at helping with people that needed to get out of the crowd and with surfers.

Anyway, amusing points of the physical setlist:
"Nobby Intro" is written at the top
It is spelled Stink Fist
Next to Lateralus it says Danny * Cruddy Bitch

Good concert, better than the nosebleed seats I had in DC a few years ago. I have to say that 46 & 2 totally killed all the energy from Jambi and Stinkfist, and said energy didn't come back for me until the lasers in Rosetta Stoned. Aenima was great, and Lateralus was a religious experience just like last time.