View Single Post
sonnyboy11's Avatar sonnyboy11
07-21-2009, 10:34 PM

Hard to know exactly where to start here, but I think I'll be a bit lazy and just say the above reviews nailed it pretty well. A few things

-Yes, Adam moved around a lot. He almost seemed to catch himself later and then tone it down. But it's clear he was having a good time- for Adam anyway!

-As I noted during the show in the General thread, a long conversation (a minute or so) transpired between Maynard and Adam before Ænema. It's pretty clear in hindsight that Adam was trying to talk him into it. I saw Maynard shrug a bit, but Adam got animated and waved his arms some to make the point. Maynard's performance during that song seemed almost spiteful. It'll be interesting to see if they it again. It certainly went well so hopefully Maynard realizes this and that'll be his take away from the show.

- I cannot say enough about the stellar job junior and crew did with the lights. The light show seems to have magically evolved even while the band was dormant. I didn't get a chance to say hello to junior but one of these days it'll happen. In the meantime, he's not only a breath of fresh air around these forums, but certainly a top level performer in his chose profession- PROPS!

- Rosetta Stoned was great- Maynard had me laughing my ass off. What the hell was that??? I don't think he sang one lyric from the 10K Days record during the speedy verses, just a bunch of made up gibberish. I thought it worked well and he seemed to be enjoying himself.

- Justing and Danny- underrated and underestimated as always. Someone mentioned in another review for SLC show that Justin seemed drunk. I watched him intently throughout and he was on his game. Not perfect, but solid. Danny is on another level when it comes to drummers so it's often hard for me to form an opinion on him. Forty-six&2 qwnt well and overall he pounded it out in grand style like he always does.

Phoenix fans are a decent sort. It's damn hot here so that's gotta go to yer head. But the people around me were eager to talk about Tool and life in general. All very nice folks and I wish you safe travels.

Finally, the t shirts are very cool this time out. I think the best I have seen. But be aware that they used a different manufacture this time. The XL I got is fitting just a tad tight. Granted I am a bit older and definitely not the swelt guy I was in 2006! But they are a bit smaller than last time out so consider getting the next size up.

Spiral bitches!
Old 07-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #14
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 20
Re: 07.21.09 - Phoenix, AZ @ US Airways Arena

Hard to know exactly where to start here, but I think I'll be a bit lazy and just say the above reviews nailed it pretty well. A few things

-Yes, Adam moved around a lot. He almost seemed to catch himself later and then tone it down. But it's clear he was having a good time- for Adam anyway!

-As I noted during the show in the General thread, a long conversation (a minute or so) transpired between Maynard and Adam before Ænema. It's pretty clear in hindsight that Adam was trying to talk him into it. I saw Maynard shrug a bit, but Adam got animated and waved his arms some to make the point. Maynard's performance during that song seemed almost spiteful. It'll be interesting to see if they it again. It certainly went well so hopefully Maynard realizes this and that'll be his take away from the show.

- I cannot say enough about the stellar job junior and crew did with the lights. The light show seems to have magically evolved even while the band was dormant. I didn't get a chance to say hello to junior but one of these days it'll happen. In the meantime, he's not only a breath of fresh air around these forums, but certainly a top level performer in his chose profession- PROPS!

- Rosetta Stoned was great- Maynard had me laughing my ass off. What the hell was that??? I don't think he sang one lyric from the 10K Days record during the speedy verses, just a bunch of made up gibberish. I thought it worked well and he seemed to be enjoying himself.

- Justing and Danny- underrated and underestimated as always. Someone mentioned in another review for SLC show that Justin seemed drunk. I watched him intently throughout and he was on his game. Not perfect, but solid. Danny is on another level when it comes to drummers so it's often hard for me to form an opinion on him. Forty-six&2 qwnt well and overall he pounded it out in grand style like he always does.

Phoenix fans are a decent sort. It's damn hot here so that's gotta go to yer head. But the people around me were eager to talk about Tool and life in general. All very nice folks and I wish you safe travels.

Finally, the t shirts are very cool this time out. I think the best I have seen. But be aware that they used a different manufacture this time. The XL I got is fitting just a tad tight. Granted I am a bit older and definitely not the swelt guy I was in 2006! But they are a bit smaller than last time out so consider getting the next size up.

Spiral bitches!
OFFLINE |