View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 12:54 PM   #11
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
i agree:

i agree with you, man. after typing all that shit, i know it was going to be said, and i DO agree with a camera being set up in the soundboard area. when it comes to bootlegs.......i have acquired quite a few from this past tour, both summer and fall. i am however, VERY dissappointed in the bootlegers themselves. they focus the camera on the members of the band WAY too much. personnaly, when i watch tool perform live i focus on the art they are presenting to me. honestly, i am there ONLY to hear the music. thus, for the sake of hearing, all i would have to do is close my eyes. however, tool is a very visual band. they use screens and backdrops to convey another "external" message. aside from the past outfits or personnas maynard has dived into, the band themselves look like average everyday people. thus, they direct the focus OFF themselves, and onto the music and images. getting to my point,......i wish that the cameramen would zoom back from just one individual member and focus on the WHOLE show at hand. the two screens on the this recent tour are VERY spaced out. it would require a very far back vew to catch it all on camera. the soundboard is the PERFECT place for such an angle. if tool was to video-tape their performance from the point of view of a "fan" i would be more than happy to chip in my $20 for the DVD.

-s p i r a l - o u t - k e e p - g o i n g-
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote