View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 12:31 PM   #8
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 9
Band doesnt support bootlegs

Quote:
Originally posted by grtrthnone
was an opener on 11-16-02 in okc it was great and a bit unexpected for me, as far as the ? about the video or audio from specific shows... that in itself has been a question of mine for a while now, i have never found a definate answer to my question as to if the band supports taping (to the extent that as long as the music is traded (non-profit) for the enjoyment of the music it is okay) i have a few bootlegs and have seen others make reference to theirs but I am unsure of the bands stance on this, do they view it as a violation similar to their views on mp3's or what, for me it is just a chance to relive the shows as the energy that comes from the show is obviously much more powerful than that from the albums. (hows this for a run on sentence?!)
I have read many interveiws in which maynard states "our music is not yours to give". He feels the artists have worked hard on their expressions, and it would be fair to pay the money to buy the cd. I doubt tool would release a live dvd. That wouldnt seem like them
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote