View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 04:56 AM   #37
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/24 - Katowice, POL - Spodek Arena

I'm reading your posts and i'm seeing only typical Polish whining. Where's the love? Are you guys never satisfied?

First things first - poor sound? Are you really that insane? The sound was excellent in my opinion. I have been to a few concerts before, also of foreign bands, and this sound totally blew my mind. I had a standing ticket. Maybe it was depending on the place where you stood (or sat), but definitely the vocals were loud and clear all the time for me. I heard all instruments correctly and equally well.

Some people say it was too silent - well, get your ears checked. It was very loud, but actually the guys only once went beyond the limits of the equipment, but that was during some high overdrive solo by Adam.

Some folks say there was too much bass - come on... that was the best bass i've ever experienced at a live show. My body was gently massaged by that vibration, i felt it even in my balls and it felt fucking good. Obviously you'll never have that kind of experience when you listen to Tool at home. And that's the beauty of a live show.

Some folks whine about other people. Well, sure, for some people it was not a love issue (i mean love for Tool's music), but a fashion issue to attend the show. But i don't mind. That's not something to get irritated at, rather to laugh at. Like some guys that after the show whined about the fact that there was no supporting band. Come on, we knew this a month before the show. Some whined about the fact that the show was short - we also knew it a month before. Some whined about ticket prices - well, for me this show was a life-enhancing experience, just as listening to Tool is a life-changing experience - next time i'm getting a sitting ticket which costs twice as much and i won't frown on that. Some also whined about tshirt prices - silly, i won't even comment on that.

Some folks whine about Maynard standing with the back to the audience for 15 minutes. Are you nuts? :) Laughable whining... Read comments from other shows and you will understand that they felt really well here and the connection with the audience was amazing. If you don't understand it, it's your problem, not mine. I had an awesome time, i had to stop myself from crying a few times during certain songs (and i'm a heterosexual male, btw), the effects and lights were beautifully enhancing this experience.

I don't even care to whine about the incidents that happened in the audience close to the stage - i was there, during Rosetta i slowly moved to the back and to the left because i'm not strong enough to fight with all those sweaty jumping folks. But it's their right to react that way to this music - you can't judge people by the way you are, you can't think that your reaction is the only correct one. I wanted to have more privacy and air to breathe, so i moved back and it was great.

Last but not least - if anyone here is also a member of Toolarmy, let me know. I spotted a few people in TA shirts there, i'd like to meet you on TA.

See You all in November. Stop whining, kill your hate and spread the love.
OFFLINE |