View Single Post
Findingoneswhoknow
05-23-2006, 08:25 PM

I have very recently become a pharmacist. Just to add to the conversation before, I say that most drugs (legal or illegal) have differently defined reprucussions. Of course I can empathize with people who are effected by illegal drug distribution, and the fools involved. What I think is important to remember though is that not only does the government ban illegal drugs and prosecute those in possesion of them, it also filters them into the country through various ways. The supply of the drugs in question is amptly filled by the same people who regulate the dispersion of them. The Pot may or may not be about some convoluted idea of what is right and wrong, just another question to ask yourself. Do you personally believe that it matters whether or not you're high? In this regard I ask, sober or high, would you laugh your ass off or cry when a drug addict dies? I do believe that Tool has always presented a conundrum. Think serious and deep but don't waste your thoughts without living your life. Take their example, they jam their asses off, they give a message, and I gaurantee that they have fun the entire time. I'm pretty sure that is the idea behind the creation of their music and our lives. Never knew em, never will, probably better off not. Imagery is so much purer than the real thing.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:25 PM   #40
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: You're an Alcoholic

I have very recently become a pharmacist. Just to add to the conversation before, I say that most drugs (legal or illegal) have differently defined reprucussions. Of course I can empathize with people who are effected by illegal drug distribution, and the fools involved. What I think is important to remember though is that not only does the government ban illegal drugs and prosecute those in possesion of them, it also filters them into the country through various ways. The supply of the drugs in question is amptly filled by the same people who regulate the dispersion of them. The Pot may or may not be about some convoluted idea of what is right and wrong, just another question to ask yourself. Do you personally believe that it matters whether or not you're high? In this regard I ask, sober or high, would you laugh your ass off or cry when a drug addict dies? I do believe that Tool has always presented a conundrum. Think serious and deep but don't waste your thoughts without living your life. Take their example, they jam their asses off, they give a message, and I gaurantee that they have fun the entire time. I'm pretty sure that is the idea behind the creation of their music and our lives. Never knew em, never will, probably better off not. Imagery is so much purer than the real thing.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote