View Single Post
rep
05-23-2006, 10:52 AM

How d.a.r.e you’s talk about drugs without me?

Right now, “they” say “drugs are bad, and (pretty much) if you use them, you’re a loser”. Then these kids see people they know and trust using them, and being they don’t consider them losers or complete fuck ups like the gov would lead you to believe, they think the government is lying. So fuck it, why not try them? This more then likely will start with marijuana, being I really doubt that any student in any high school in the US, unless they’re not that social, can make it to graduation without being offered it.

We will never know what it would be like, if instead of the government generally speaking and saying “you will fuck up your life with these substances”, as opposed to “Ok it’s legal, you’re allow to do it, but these substances have a very high potential to fuck up your life and this is why”, instead of grouping them all together and making generalizations about them. We will never know, at least not in the US.

Would someone be more likely to try meth if the government throws bullshit rhetoric about it at every chance they get, or if they were honest about it? There are responsible meth users. Really.

I’m sure that most people here, who say they wouldn’t do it, aren’t stopping themselves because the government told them too; they’re not going to do it because of the dangers they’ve seen.

If heroin were legal, addicts would most likely never EVER have to steal to support their habits, because it would be that cheap. It comes from a plant.

Most people against legalization assume that so many more people are going to use these dangerous, highly addictive substances if they’re no longer illegal. It’s sounds reasonable, but how many people do you think are out there that would smoke crack tomorrow just because they wouldn’t get arrested for having it?

Chances are, we’re never going to find out.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:52 AM   #39
rep
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 103
Re: You're an Alcoholic

How d.a.r.e you’s talk about drugs without me?

Right now, “they” say “drugs are bad, and (pretty much) if you use them, you’re a loser”. Then these kids see people they know and trust using them, and being they don’t consider them losers or complete fuck ups like the gov would lead you to believe, they think the government is lying. So fuck it, why not try them? This more then likely will start with marijuana, being I really doubt that any student in any high school in the US, unless they’re not that social, can make it to graduation without being offered it.

We will never know what it would be like, if instead of the government generally speaking and saying “you will fuck up your life with these substances”, as opposed to “Ok it’s legal, you’re allow to do it, but these substances have a very high potential to fuck up your life and this is why”, instead of grouping them all together and making generalizations about them. We will never know, at least not in the US.

Would someone be more likely to try meth if the government throws bullshit rhetoric about it at every chance they get, or if they were honest about it? There are responsible meth users. Really.

I’m sure that most people here, who say they wouldn’t do it, aren’t stopping themselves because the government told them too; they’re not going to do it because of the dangers they’ve seen.

If heroin were legal, addicts would most likely never EVER have to steal to support their habits, because it would be that cheap. It comes from a plant.

Most people against legalization assume that so many more people are going to use these dangerous, highly addictive substances if they’re no longer illegal. It’s sounds reasonable, but how many people do you think are out there that would smoke crack tomorrow just because they wouldn’t get arrested for having it?

Chances are, we’re never going to find out.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote