View Single Post
Alex in Chains's Avatar Alex in Chains
05-04-2006, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnoriginalOne
Why should the legalization of a drug result in increased use and why would it make it easier for youth to obtain drugs?
It shouldn't. Are all of us who don't do coke all going to go out and do a few lines tomorrow if it's suddenly legalized? . . . I didn't think so.

Also, speaking of coke: I know someone earlier mentioned it was a highly addictive substance. This isn't entirely correct. While many people experience a high psychological addiction (just like one can to masturbation or bad TV or Tool), cocaine lacks physical withdrawal symptoms and is therefore by definition not an addictive substance. Go ahead, look it up.

And no, I've never done it. I just know that science says it's not physically addictive, so please don't come back and accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about. Just pointing out the facts here.
<ru5ty> wat
Old 05-04-2006, 09:30 PM   #24
Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone

Bincount™: 2934
Re: You're an Alcoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnoriginalOne
Why should the legalization of a drug result in increased use and why would it make it easier for youth to obtain drugs?
It shouldn't. Are all of us who don't do coke all going to go out and do a few lines tomorrow if it's suddenly legalized? . . . I didn't think so.

Also, speaking of coke: I know someone earlier mentioned it was a highly addictive substance. This isn't entirely correct. While many people experience a high psychological addiction (just like one can to masturbation or bad TV or Tool), cocaine lacks physical withdrawal symptoms and is therefore by definition not an addictive substance. Go ahead, look it up.

And no, I've never done it. I just know that science says it's not physically addictive, so please don't come back and accuse me of not knowing what I'm talking about. Just pointing out the facts here.
<ru5ty> wat
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote