View Single Post
Hypocrite
05-03-2006, 10:02 AM

Well first, I'm not in need of a constitutional primer as im actually in the midst of finishing my first year of law school. (insert whatever witty joke about lawyers you have here). What you seem to be ignoring is that the regulation of these drugs isnt just to protect the safety of those who would take them, its to protect other innocent people in society who can be effected by them. I hardley think regulation of unhealthy foods or exersice is analagous at all becaue those things do not harm others. Unlike drug addicts who turn to crime, neglect their childern, etc. but someone as "intelligent" as you would obviously see that flaw in your reasoning. ( i tried to say earlier i wasnt attempting to offend or call anyone a moron i just worded my argument wrong, but since you insist i guess we will go there).
Additionally since your so concerned about government interference in our private lifes isn't it the least bit disconcerting to you that you are backing an idea that would allow the government to make BILLIONS of dollars by selling its own people poison? doesn't the government sell us enough shit, as it is without allowing them to profit from this too? yes lets just sit back, legalize it up and let people do as they will, while the government gets even more filthy rich by exploiting human zombies. Good solution. I recognize the criminal aspect of the drug trade leads to alot of crime and the like but legalization doesnt seem like a rational solution to me. Like you said treatment and education are EXTREMELY important.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:02 AM   #10
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: You're an Alcoholic

Well first, I'm not in need of a constitutional primer as im actually in the midst of finishing my first year of law school. (insert whatever witty joke about lawyers you have here). What you seem to be ignoring is that the regulation of these drugs isnt just to protect the safety of those who would take them, its to protect other innocent people in society who can be effected by them. I hardley think regulation of unhealthy foods or exersice is analagous at all becaue those things do not harm others. Unlike drug addicts who turn to crime, neglect their childern, etc. but someone as "intelligent" as you would obviously see that flaw in your reasoning. ( i tried to say earlier i wasnt attempting to offend or call anyone a moron i just worded my argument wrong, but since you insist i guess we will go there).
Additionally since your so concerned about government interference in our private lifes isn't it the least bit disconcerting to you that you are backing an idea that would allow the government to make BILLIONS of dollars by selling its own people poison? doesn't the government sell us enough shit, as it is without allowing them to profit from this too? yes lets just sit back, legalize it up and let people do as they will, while the government gets even more filthy rich by exploiting human zombies. Good solution. I recognize the criminal aspect of the drug trade leads to alot of crime and the like but legalization doesnt seem like a rational solution to me. Like you said treatment and education are EXTREMELY important.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote