View Single Post
Hypocrite
05-03-2006, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peolesdru
Always fun to see an argument in the form of "Only a moron would believe X, you're not a moron, are you?" I have a newsflash for you: your little brother or sister can buy heroin or crystal meth RIGHT NOW. (I don't know their ages, so obviously not if they're infants) Making drugs illegal, even the bad ones, produces only one reliable result: It makes the illegal drugs more expensive and therefore more profitable for those willing to skirt the law. Our society is predicated on the idea that the government doesn't have the power to tell us what to except in certain specific areas. I've done pot despite the fact that it's illegal but I don't do heroin because of the big downside. Legality doesn't enter into the equation.

Theres nothing moronic about it, and i wasnt trying to insinuate that there was. It just seems that its a cop out and a cliche to decry the war on drugs, without looking at the reality that the drugs really are dangerous and need to be regulated. in effect i feel like people think its the "cool" thing sometimes to be against the war on drugs. And you have a point legality doesnt really ever enter into my mind either, in fact it was far easier to find pot back when i was in high school than it was to get alcohol. have you ever seen what meth does to people? no mind expanding, no positivity, nothing redemeable about it, just death. For plenty of people with jobs, and families legality does enter into the equation and for those kind of highly addictive drugs i believe we should keep them regulated just for that reason. again just my opinion, wasnt calling anyone a moron.
Old 05-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #8
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: You're an Alcoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by peolesdru
Always fun to see an argument in the form of "Only a moron would believe X, you're not a moron, are you?" I have a newsflash for you: your little brother or sister can buy heroin or crystal meth RIGHT NOW. (I don't know their ages, so obviously not if they're infants) Making drugs illegal, even the bad ones, produces only one reliable result: It makes the illegal drugs more expensive and therefore more profitable for those willing to skirt the law. Our society is predicated on the idea that the government doesn't have the power to tell us what to except in certain specific areas. I've done pot despite the fact that it's illegal but I don't do heroin because of the big downside. Legality doesn't enter into the equation.

Theres nothing moronic about it, and i wasnt trying to insinuate that there was. It just seems that its a cop out and a cliche to decry the war on drugs, without looking at the reality that the drugs really are dangerous and need to be regulated. in effect i feel like people think its the "cool" thing sometimes to be against the war on drugs. And you have a point legality doesnt really ever enter into my mind either, in fact it was far easier to find pot back when i was in high school than it was to get alcohol. have you ever seen what meth does to people? no mind expanding, no positivity, nothing redemeable about it, just death. For plenty of people with jobs, and families legality does enter into the equation and for those kind of highly addictive drugs i believe we should keep them regulated just for that reason. again just my opinion, wasnt calling anyone a moron.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote