View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 04:53 PM   #74
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 7
Re: 2006/05/21 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre

This was my first Tool concert, NOT THE LAST EITHER. We drove down 95 in pouring rain until route 1. We hit traffic right away. We were in traffic for like 45 mins to an hour. There was an accident so once we passed it it was smooth sailing right into Boston. Once we got to Boston the rain stopped and the sun came out. Traffic in Boston wasn't that bad either.

So we got to the parking below the Commons at 6pm. Chilled "getting ready" for the concert. Around 7:15 it was off to the Orpheum. We walk out of the garage into a thunder storm toward the theater. I was surprised to see people were lined up in the alley, then wrapped around the corner. The line moved fast, but not enough for the rain. I got soaked. As we were approaching the door the sun came out again, it was soo cool.

So we get in and it was PACKED, we head to the poster and T-shirts and bought 1 of each. Piss break, then off to our seats. Waited til 8:30, then the show started.

Stinkfist was great, It didn't sound bad at all. Maynard was kicking his foot in the air to the beat in the beginning which I thought was strange, but unique.

Maynard looked as he did at the other concerts, shirtless, Jeans with belt buckle, a cowboy hat and a Mohawk!

The set list was different than most of the other shows which I thought was cool. I think Stinkfist worked better as a starter.

Now I was hoping for Patient and The Pot, I know Maynard was probably over his cold that he had. But when they played Right in Two. I started to think oh well, This kicks ass anyway!

Maynard noted, by asking if we knew what the internet was and if we had it then we knew, that he'd been under the weather and had been unable to perform certain vocally punishing songs, Keenan said he was going to give it a try. ``If I fail," he warned, "it's because you have failed me. Blame yourself. I'll sleep tonight."

I KNEW IT WAS THE POT RIGHT AWAY, and sure enough, it was. It was one of the best moments of the concert!

Later toward the end Maynard mentioned the floods last week, "Floods, all these floods, hey, We warned you." Then went into Ænema!!!!!! This was the best moment of the concert!! Too bad it was the end too.

Danny, in my opinion did the best job, with Maynard on the bottom. It was great, just Maynard doesn't get into it as much as he should, but he's not that type of person, after all he was standin behind everyone in the shadow with lights on everyone but him. And he was the first to walk off stage while everyone else chilled for a min. He is still my favorite artist. (just not live)

It was a zoo leaving, but once we got driving it was smooth sailing to a friends house where we chilled the rest of the night.

I wish I could relive the night again, It was the best night of my life. I so needed that! (not the hangover though, lol)

http://www.myspace.com/caprarella

Last edited by Midas6918; 05-23-2006 at 05:25 PM..
OFFLINE |