View Single Post
Old 05-23-2006, 07:55 AM   #68
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/21 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre

Asking anyone who waited in line for the concert, it was the most surreal thing. As if the band had something to do with it. One thing I don't know if anyone caught, but the neon sign for the orpheum theater had a faulty light. That light produced the most incredibly coincidental sound. On Aenima, the track after the title song aenima,[*] ions. LA has allready plunged into the ocean and there is this very distinct jacobs ladder sound that repeats itself throughout the track. That very sound was coming from this neon sign. Too surreal. Anyone else catch that? Then when the concert was over, not a drop of water on the ground.

As for the concert itself, there aren't enough words, but yet I am speechless. It was much more personnal than previous shows I've seen. Danny was masterful, but it was nice to see he was still human after dropping a stick in Schism. Justin, I must say, made the concert for me during Aenima. The emotion he put into his playing was incredible. I think we can all say the excitement of hearing Adam's first guitar riff in The Pot was overwhelming. And what more can I say about Maynard, especially in Rosetta Stoned, holy shit.

I love how they changed the breakdown in Schism and Stinfist. Danny's solo in 46 & 2 was again amazing to watch. When he plays it seems so effortless.

Did anyone catch the contrast of Maynards cowboy hat and his mohawk...... Cowboy's and Indians?????
OFFLINE |