View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 08:31 AM   #47
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/21 - Boston, MA - Orpheum Theatre

That put a huge smile on my face. This was my 4th Tool show, and I never thought I'd get to see them again for some reason. The 3rd time I saw them at Amherst in 2002 was the most amazing concert experience of my life ("AMHERST....third time's the charm."-maynard) and I had always suspected that some horrifying calamity would take place in the world of tool and I would never again experience another show or hear another album. I didn't think it would go any farther than Lateralus. Well, they've proven me wrong, and I am so glad. Now I feel like there is no end to the amount of music these guys could potentially put out. I feel like it could just keep going and going...

There is a unique aura I am left with everytime I see Tool. It hadn't quite hit me during or immediately after the show last night (although I did rock extremely hard, my neck is killing me). It took some time for it to sink in, but on the ride back I was positively GLOWING (I felt kinda like this when I was walking out of best buy with 10,000 days, just couldnt believe I was holding a new Tool album).

Was the show better than the last? I dunno, I feel so good right now, even the morning after, but for me I think it could have been a little better, i.e, the intense heat at the top of the balcony, having to kind of tip-toe and lean forward to see all of Adam and Justin over people's heads, relatively short show (although I dont think I could have handled anymore or that heat, nor could I possibly sweat anymore). And yeah there were some awkward moments between songs which looked like techinical difficulties, and odd silences, transitions. I guess that's the tool way though "yadda yadda yadda, silence, next song"

There were some fuck ups, like on rosetta stoned, right in two, and Im sure a few others, where Adam came in too early or too late. But when I listen to some of those instrumental sections they get so involved and you really have to be thinking to follow the rhytms, combined with the slightly muddied sound, it must be extremely difficult sometimes to find where you are and come in at the right time, especially when everyones in a diff time signature! I think I def saw Danny fuck up a couple times but I dont think anyone noticed. Most people dont notice that shit.

But hey, think about it, we got nearly all of 10,000 days performed minus wings part 1 and 2. 11 songs total I believe, my favorite number.

Thanks TOOL. I will see you again.
OFFLINE |