View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 08:22 AM   #32
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/20 - New York, NY - City Center

Well... def a better view than friday nite, where I sat up in the rear Mezz... Last nite was Orch Row Q on Justin's side. I was quite pleased w/ the StinkFist opener, b/c it gave me slight hope for something slightly different than Friday. I still thought the sound was muddy at best. I mean the bass was unbelievably heavy, the whole place around us was shaking. Which basically drowned out a lot of Maynard's vocals. Being under the overhead again just sucked. My buddies sat frong mezz row F and they prob had much better sound quality.

They replaced Right in Two w/ the Patient, but other than that same set... i wouldnt say rearranging the order of the songs is condusive to calling it a different setlist... The Patient was a def highlight.... the songs kicked a lot more ass than i recalled from their 01/02 shows...Lateralus again stole the show though... they just need to close w/ that song all the time... the theme, the lyrics, the images, everthing just reeks of the perfect closer.

I don't get that whole sitting on stage thing...b/w Lateralus and Vicarious... just weird as if they're just sulking in the adoration which is kinda strange. I wonder what they say to each other up there? Also find it weird that Maynard basically exists stage left and the rest of the band stand there and clap and signal to the crowd w/out him...

anyway... better than Friday, still relatively short overall and again only 10 songs and no Pot...
OFFLINE |