View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 12:40 AM   #24
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/20 - New York, NY - City Center

welp, my first tool concert ever, and i am hoooooooked.. i will be seeing them in fall, that's for sure, mark my words..

my main thoughts tonight were how much my seats sucked (row Q rear mezz), well they would have sucked less if these two kids in row j would have been a little more open minded (i wanted to sit next to my friends and offered them like $100 bucks each to trade for a few rows back but they pussied out). on the other hand, these other two older dudes from CT were really nice and moved over for us and were nice company before the show began. forgot to say take care and hope you get back home to CT safe!

as far as the concert, i was really not feeling it the first few songs when i was still stressing the lousy seats we had (i wouldn't care otherwise but i almost made a deal with two scalpers outside to get better seats, one for a pair in orch row N and one for a pair in orch row B!! row B!!!!!!.. at the time i thought they were asking for a bit much, but now i think i'd have paid anything to get out of those lame seats), the guy ahead of us when we were going inside the theater ended up having bought counterfeit tickets.. that's wack.. that row B coulda been it..

from where we ended up, the sound was decent, but barely decent.. at least the first song and a half, then they flipped the 'crap sound' switch off afterwards and it was a bit better (i could actually hear maynard, still couldn't understand most of what he was saying while not singing).. maynard entertained the crowd a bit saying "ok you've had enough, now get out of here" or something to that effect.. later he said "thanks for letting us borrow your city" hehe, anytime dude, anytime!

i thought it was pretty cool starting with stinkfirst, everyone just started jamming and singing along (though that kinda sucked, i didn't come to see everyone else sing, but what can ya do really, i can't blame them).. wish maynard would be a little less shy and let us actually see his face, what was w/ the cowboy hat? this ain't texas and we already got a naked cowboy.. also i thought the mezz might have ripped off the wall when everyone started jumping during stinkfist =)

but i was REALLY happy to hear the patient, i was moved by the song since it speaks to me having a particularly deep meaning =\ plus when i heard it, i figure we'll hear the pot too, but NOPE! no such luck.. i was thinking a couple of moments how friggen sweet it would be to hear ticks and leeches.. i just may have to shit myself if that had been the case! no dice. it was nice seeing them chill and sitting before the vicarious/aenima finale too.. lateralus was probably my fav though, always loved that song.. lk was a good intermission song (i got to go piss and beat the evreryone-leaving bathroom lines), and rs was a neat song (i've liked it since the begining when people didn't, i thought it was a nice story line and kinda continues the whole triad conspiracy from the last album)..

sorry for writing so much, but to wrap it up, sound was OK (not great), venue was quaint, security didn't bother me [other than turning me away initially cuz i had a camera that was "too professional"], and lastly, HATED my seats!! but hey at least i got to go, and next time i'll KNOW to get closer seats! no matter what it takes..

tool
R
O
C
K
S
!!!

Last edited by cynikal; 05-21-2006 at 12:59 AM..
OFFLINE |