View Single Post
tatwamasi
08-04-2015, 06:24 AM

I would argue that these elaborate interpretations are worng and Blair's confirmation is just a tease. There is this saying that "the fool that persists in his fooley will eventually become wise". This can actually be some kind of yoga - in some cases obtaining insane amount of knowledge will bring you to the realization that you never really needed it in the first place. Maybe that this is what's happening here - all the elaborate and complex explanations requiring a vast amount of knowledge and this is what at some point becomes an obstalce in seeing things as they really are. Instead of focusing on the beauty of music or just seeing the image you frantically try to give it some more meaning, find new context, discover the great mystery. Maybe it would be better to step down a bit, just look at the artwork without thinking and maybe the meaining will reveal itself without your effort. I guess you could call it meditation, it might take some time. Instead of focusing on discovery of someone else's thoughts or emtotions you should foucs on your own and by this arrive to the place where the real "dialogue" between you and the artist can begin. I am not sure if in such space the division still exist as you can discover that by listening/watching you are actually taking part in creation of something that goes beyond the everyday experience.
Old 08-04-2015, 06:24 AM   #39
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Blair confirms puzzle solution...

I would argue that these elaborate interpretations are worng and Blair's confirmation is just a tease. There is this saying that "the fool that persists in his fooley will eventually become wise". This can actually be some kind of yoga - in some cases obtaining insane amount of knowledge will bring you to the realization that you never really needed it in the first place. Maybe that this is what's happening here - all the elaborate and complex explanations requiring a vast amount of knowledge and this is what at some point becomes an obstalce in seeing things as they really are. Instead of focusing on the beauty of music or just seeing the image you frantically try to give it some more meaning, find new context, discover the great mystery. Maybe it would be better to step down a bit, just look at the artwork without thinking and maybe the meaining will reveal itself without your effort. I guess you could call it meditation, it might take some time. Instead of focusing on discovery of someone else's thoughts or emtotions you should foucs on your own and by this arrive to the place where the real "dialogue" between you and the artist can begin. I am not sure if in such space the division still exist as you can discover that by listening/watching you are actually taking part in creation of something that goes beyond the everyday experience.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote