View Single Post
mpbojangles
07-02-2007, 08:13 AM

Someone mentioned they played Flood for about 30 seconds...If I remember correctly, It was for a much longer time...They even sang a good portion of the song (This ground is not the rock I thought it to be). Although I was rather fucked up, I remember them playing something that sounded like Swamp Song that flowed into Flood. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The show was also the best I've ever seen. Tool has become more than a band live. When you see other prolific bands live (Pearl Jam, Incubus, etc), they sound like a band. Tool's sound has become more than a drum bass guitar and vocals and has become a soundscape where every note meshes perfectly together. They have achieved something no band ever has and probably something we will never see again.

Other things I wanted to mention, during Wings for Marie, Maynard didn't sing the first part of the last segment (Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance...). He let the crowd sing this part and it was roaring, almost as if the crowd was singing to his mother. Also, Wings has evolved from the Fall tour where they played it for the first time. I recall it being very dark and sad the first time. At this show, the song was much more upbeat and seems like Maynard has gone from mourning his mother to celebrating what she was to him.

The drum solo in Lateralus was disgusting, and when Big Business was playing my friends and I commented that the band sucked but their drummer was very talented. Well...you get where I am going with that...I think he blew everyone away. The masterpiece which is Lateralus is continually evolving in great ways each tour and this was by far the best.

I sure hope someone got this on tape...
Old 07-02-2007, 08:13 AM   #29
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/01 - Youngstown, OH

Someone mentioned they played Flood for about 30 seconds...If I remember correctly, It was for a much longer time...They even sang a good portion of the song (This ground is not the rock I thought it to be). Although I was rather fucked up, I remember them playing something that sounded like Swamp Song that flowed into Flood. Please correct me if I am wrong.

The show was also the best I've ever seen. Tool has become more than a band live. When you see other prolific bands live (Pearl Jam, Incubus, etc), they sound like a band. Tool's sound has become more than a drum bass guitar and vocals and has become a soundscape where every note meshes perfectly together. They have achieved something no band ever has and probably something we will never see again.

Other things I wanted to mention, during Wings for Marie, Maynard didn't sing the first part of the last segment (Set as I am in my ways and my arrogance...). He let the crowd sing this part and it was roaring, almost as if the crowd was singing to his mother. Also, Wings has evolved from the Fall tour where they played it for the first time. I recall it being very dark and sad the first time. At this show, the song was much more upbeat and seems like Maynard has gone from mourning his mother to celebrating what she was to him.

The drum solo in Lateralus was disgusting, and when Big Business was playing my friends and I commented that the band sucked but their drummer was very talented. Well...you get where I am going with that...I think he blew everyone away. The masterpiece which is Lateralus is continually evolving in great ways each tour and this was by far the best.

I sure hope someone got this on tape...
OFFLINE |