View Single Post
TheBackPorch
07-02-2007, 06:09 AM

Seventh Tool show, first review

This is maybe the best show i have been to, with the possible exception of Birmingham earlier this year (the sound there was the best, plus we got Pushit). Drove five and a half hours by myself after working 8 hours and this show delivered and made all that worth it. I stood in section 202, 3 rows from the back of the arena, so I was about as far back as you could get. The sound back there was amazing, much better than in Evansville. Maynard sounded really strong tonight and the energy from the band was fantastic.

Jambi - I have grown to love this song as an opener.

Stinkfist - A classic. I cant imagine a tool show without this song. The extended part is incredible and the visuals are the most mesmerizing and haunting of the entire show.

46&2 - Awesome Awesome Awesome. Danny really shines

Schism - Live, this song is absolutely jaw dropping. I loved everything about it, especially the extended part all the way to the end.

LK/RS - They played this with great energy, and the visuals are fantastic. "Overwhelmed as one would be...." gave me goosebumps. Would love to see Reflection or Third Eye instead of this, however.

Right in Two- Haven't seen this since the mini tour in Chicago, so I was glad they played it.

Wings/10k Days - The lasers are awesome and I could hear maynard a lot better than I could in Evansville.

Lateralus - The highlight of the night, despite the extended drumming in the middle. Am I the only one who could do without this? I just think Lateralus is a masterpiece that shouldn't be messed with, and the drum solo seems to really destroy the flow of the song. It is my favorite song, however, and the band really nailed it.

Vicarious - Much better live than on the album, although maynard didnt sing "Vicariously I live while the whole world dies"
Old 07-02-2007, 06:09 AM   #27
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/01 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

Seventh Tool show, first review

This is maybe the best show i have been to, with the possible exception of Birmingham earlier this year (the sound there was the best, plus we got Pushit). Drove five and a half hours by myself after working 8 hours and this show delivered and made all that worth it. I stood in section 202, 3 rows from the back of the arena, so I was about as far back as you could get. The sound back there was amazing, much better than in Evansville. Maynard sounded really strong tonight and the energy from the band was fantastic.

Jambi - I have grown to love this song as an opener.

Stinkfist - A classic. I cant imagine a tool show without this song. The extended part is incredible and the visuals are the most mesmerizing and haunting of the entire show.

46&2 - Awesome Awesome Awesome. Danny really shines

Schism - Live, this song is absolutely jaw dropping. I loved everything about it, especially the extended part all the way to the end.

LK/RS - They played this with great energy, and the visuals are fantastic. "Overwhelmed as one would be...." gave me goosebumps. Would love to see Reflection or Third Eye instead of this, however.

Right in Two- Haven't seen this since the mini tour in Chicago, so I was glad they played it.

Wings/10k Days - The lasers are awesome and I could hear maynard a lot better than I could in Evansville.

Lateralus - The highlight of the night, despite the extended drumming in the middle. Am I the only one who could do without this? I just think Lateralus is a masterpiece that shouldn't be messed with, and the drum solo seems to really destroy the flow of the song. It is my favorite song, however, and the band really nailed it.

Vicarious - Much better live than on the album, although maynard didnt sing "Vicariously I live while the whole world dies"
OFFLINE |