View Single Post
Skinshifter01's Avatar Skinshifter01
07-02-2007, 12:45 AM

I see little note of the segues between each song. I got to see them in Columbus last year, and they didn't do that at all. I was shocked, amazed, and ultimately very very pleased. They played, if memory serves correctly, Ions, Viginti tres, the first 30 or so seconds of Flood, and then just a bunch of Lustmord-ish tracks. That kept the music very alive for me.

Also, the double lighter thing from Justin was pretty boss.

I like how they aren't doing the "We're going to pretend we're not playing more music to make you beg for an encore" thing anymore. That was amusing, but seeing them take a break there on stage, but not really pretend they're not on break, to me, is hilarious.

The band in general seemed to be in a much better mood than they were last year and I'm glad to say that the energy coming off the stage was higher because of it. Also Maynard wasn't sick.

Though the shear volume of Cincinnati's crowd was disconcerting. i would have liked to be able to understand just a single sentence Maynard said. He went on for a good long time there, right before the end of the show.

A truly great mind is one that thinks for itself.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:45 AM   #23
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/07/01 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena

I see little note of the segues between each song. I got to see them in Columbus last year, and they didn't do that at all. I was shocked, amazed, and ultimately very very pleased. They played, if memory serves correctly, Ions, Viginti tres, the first 30 or so seconds of Flood, and then just a bunch of Lustmord-ish tracks. That kept the music very alive for me.

Also, the double lighter thing from Justin was pretty boss.

I like how they aren't doing the "We're going to pretend we're not playing more music to make you beg for an encore" thing anymore. That was amusing, but seeing them take a break there on stage, but not really pretend they're not on break, to me, is hilarious.

The band in general seemed to be in a much better mood than they were last year and I'm glad to say that the energy coming off the stage was higher because of it. Also Maynard wasn't sick.

Though the shear volume of Cincinnati's crowd was disconcerting. i would have liked to be able to understand just a single sentence Maynard said. He went on for a good long time there, right before the end of the show.

A truly great mind is one that thinks for itself.
OFFLINE |