View Single Post
identity_theory
05-02-2006, 10:28 AM

I think as far as things not "jumping out" that this album was made from a perspective that valued subtlety... No moments jump out because they weren't intended to. Incidentally, I mysteriously lost Aenima and Lateralus when I bought TTD (well, downloaded, but bought it since)... so I've not had any other Tool to distract me from tuning into TTD... and once you tune into it the subtleties come alive, but it's still not going to be the same dramatic stuff, but more a Pink Floyd fluidity which I really like a lot. You may not feel the same of course, but that's just because you're not as smart as me.
Old 05-02-2006, 10:28 AM   #69
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 4
Re: Regarding Sound and Recording Quality

I think as far as things not "jumping out" that this album was made from a perspective that valued subtlety... No moments jump out because they weren't intended to. Incidentally, I mysteriously lost Aenima and Lateralus when I bought TTD (well, downloaded, but bought it since)... so I've not had any other Tool to distract me from tuning into TTD... and once you tune into it the subtleties come alive, but it's still not going to be the same dramatic stuff, but more a Pink Floyd fluidity which I really like a lot. You may not feel the same of course, but that's just because you're not as smart as me.