View Single Post
Naga Royal Guard
05-02-2006, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpete987
I do agree somewhat. I only really noticed this on the climax to Vicarious, where I heard considerable popping and distortion, and I think at one other point in the disc -- where exactly, I forgot. It might have to do with the capabilities of your speakers, too. Because I noticed it more in my car. On my home system, which not to brag is actually very good, I didn't hear them at all.

I really wish they would have released this on SACD or DVD audio, though, because the disc sounds a bit like it doesn't jump out as much as Lateralus' more colorful moments did. Maybe they still will, because it would probably eliminate any compression artifacts.

The CD though, still sounds impeccable, though for the most part.

yeah, sections of vicarious are among the worst on the album AND I LIKE THAT SONG :(

an SACD would be absolutely perfect for this album ( with its far larger response range), and a DSD derived hybrid/CD layer for the non-SACDers

DVD-A is good too and could certainly solve 10kd's problems
Old 05-02-2006, 08:59 AM   #60
Level 11 - Clamorous

Bincount™: 16122
Re: Regarding Sound and Recording Quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpete987
I do agree somewhat. I only really noticed this on the climax to Vicarious, where I heard considerable popping and distortion, and I think at one other point in the disc -- where exactly, I forgot. It might have to do with the capabilities of your speakers, too. Because I noticed it more in my car. On my home system, which not to brag is actually very good, I didn't hear them at all.

I really wish they would have released this on SACD or DVD audio, though, because the disc sounds a bit like it doesn't jump out as much as Lateralus' more colorful moments did. Maybe they still will, because it would probably eliminate any compression artifacts.

The CD though, still sounds impeccable, though for the most part.

yeah, sections of vicarious are among the worst on the album AND I LIKE THAT SONG :(

an SACD would be absolutely perfect for this album ( with its far larger response range), and a DSD derived hybrid/CD layer for the non-SACDers

DVD-A is good too and could certainly solve 10kd's problems