View Single Post
guitarpete987
05-02-2006, 08:52 AM

I do agree somewhat. I only really noticed this on the climax to Vicarious, where I heard considerable popping and distortion, and I think at one other point in the disc -- where exactly, I forgot. It might have to do with the capabilities of your speakers, too. Because I noticed it more in my car. On my home system, which not to brag is actually very good, I didn't hear them at all.

I really wish they would have released this on SACD or DVD audio, though, because the disc sounds a bit like it doesn't jump out as much as Lateralus' more colorful moments did. Maybe they still will, because it would probably eliminate any compression artifacts.

The CD though, still sounds impeccable, though for the most part.
Old 05-02-2006, 08:52 AM   #59
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 4
Re: Regarding Sound and Recording Quality

I do agree somewhat. I only really noticed this on the climax to Vicarious, where I heard considerable popping and distortion, and I think at one other point in the disc -- where exactly, I forgot. It might have to do with the capabilities of your speakers, too. Because I noticed it more in my car. On my home system, which not to brag is actually very good, I didn't hear them at all.

I really wish they would have released this on SACD or DVD audio, though, because the disc sounds a bit like it doesn't jump out as much as Lateralus' more colorful moments did. Maybe they still will, because it would probably eliminate any compression artifacts.

The CD though, still sounds impeccable, though for the most part.
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote