View Single Post
hikingartist
06-19-2007, 08:44 AM

Thanks for the review.
1. I had wanted to see the Police this year, but was put off by the ticket prices. Then it occurred to me, how good are these guys going to be after 20 years apart? Now I know. It is too bad: they are great musicians, but to try and rehash their commercial/punk success of 1984? No can do. They would have been better off playing Andy Summers solo stuff.
2.Regarding TOOL: I know what you mean. They are not the same Tool of old. I just try to approach it from "this is where they are today" and not what they were, and I enjoy the shows just fine. They are better than most bands around & still can create a spark, but no, this is not the Tool of old. Just be thankful if you saw the Untertow, Aenima or Laterlus tours. In retrospect, they look very, very good (For me, especially the show at Red Rocks, when King Crimson opened.) Peace, kerry
Old 06-19-2007, 08:44 AM   #34
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

Thanks for the review.
1. I had wanted to see the Police this year, but was put off by the ticket prices. Then it occurred to me, how good are these guys going to be after 20 years apart? Now I know. It is too bad: they are great musicians, but to try and rehash their commercial/punk success of 1984? No can do. They would have been better off playing Andy Summers solo stuff.
2.Regarding TOOL: I know what you mean. They are not the same Tool of old. I just try to approach it from "this is where they are today" and not what they were, and I enjoy the shows just fine. They are better than most bands around & still can create a spark, but no, this is not the Tool of old. Just be thankful if you saw the Untertow, Aenima or Laterlus tours. In retrospect, they look very, very good (For me, especially the show at Red Rocks, when King Crimson opened.) Peace, kerry
OFFLINE |