View Single Post
Grimgrumthegnome
06-19-2007, 06:52 AM

as someone who has been to many festivals and spent much time with those who many would call "hippies," I can say that this is the only festival crowd that I have ever seen that wouldn't respect a band's wish to stop taking flash photography. If I were to place bets, I'd say there's an 80% chance that the assholes that continued to take pictures were the same people that were there for tool. There are obvious exceptions, but let's face it; tool fans are usually assholes, and hippies are usually very friendly.

So what I'm saying is if the flash photography is the reason the set was cut short then there is a logical error because it was tool that brought the assholes to the festival - two years ago if that wish had been requested by another band (let's pretend widespread panic said it two years ago) i'm sure it would have been fulfilled; the crowd is getting worse every year and tool headlining brought a bunch of rude people this year.

If tool wants to start improving the crowd (i.e. getting rid of trendy people and assholes) then I suggest they remove stinkfist, aenima, sober, schism, and vicarious from the setlist.

Last edited by Grimgrumthegnome; 06-19-2007 at 07:22 AM..
Old 06-19-2007, 06:52 AM   #29
Level 5 - Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

as someone who has been to many festivals and spent much time with those who many would call "hippies," I can say that this is the only festival crowd that I have ever seen that wouldn't respect a band's wish to stop taking flash photography. If I were to place bets, I'd say there's an 80% chance that the assholes that continued to take pictures were the same people that were there for tool. There are obvious exceptions, but let's face it; tool fans are usually assholes, and hippies are usually very friendly.

So what I'm saying is if the flash photography is the reason the set was cut short then there is a logical error because it was tool that brought the assholes to the festival - two years ago if that wish had been requested by another band (let's pretend widespread panic said it two years ago) i'm sure it would have been fulfilled; the crowd is getting worse every year and tool headlining brought a bunch of rude people this year.

If tool wants to start improving the crowd (i.e. getting rid of trendy people and assholes) then I suggest they remove stinkfist, aenima, sober, schism, and vicarious from the setlist.

Last edited by Grimgrumthegnome; 06-19-2007 at 07:22 AM..
OFFLINE |