View Single Post
tomatoms's Avatar tomatoms
06-18-2007, 06:25 PM

green crescent. (crescent fresh)

what an amazing show. amazing. i got kind of pissed when i saw some guy snap 3 flash pictures during wings pt. 1 right after maynard asked politely that they not do it -during that song-. other than that love was all over and around. flood was a great surprise. i wonder if he smelled patchouli or if it was actually.. opium? i predicted maynard would say the things he did. someone told me about the jpj no quarter thing. rolling as i was.. i was like 'if that happens, tears will be shed." I was the tall guy in the left front pit and i was wearing this 'Squeegee your third eye' bill hicks shirt. and a tool hat. adam looked so cute in those pigtails.

other fest highlights:

black angels
tortoise
galactic
ween (shroomingrins)
sts9
feist
nightwatchman
roots
the 'reggae' band that played solar cafe 'til 6:30 am sunday morning (and mon.)
Yard Dog road Show
those chicks at 'somethin' else' (and the pyrotechnics)

im sorry but the flips suck. the reason their show is so crazy with visuals and props is that their music.. sucks. my opinion. it just doesn't do anything for me. it seemed like ppl cheered the most when they got doused in confetti. i did get a laser pointer that was always on, so i put it in the crook of my ear and jammed to galactic, who were amazing.

I hear rodrigo y gabriella was incredible. ima hafta check them out in the future.
unfortunately, i didn't get to see dave cross or mago, but i pretty much made everything else had on the 'must' list. im still a bit jaded from this 4 day experience of awesomeness. man.. those shrooms i took.. it was like a bite size peyote experience. i love how the festival grounds, esp. centeroo, seemed decorated for the tripping patron. i will attend another bonnaroo provided the artist list is as appealing as this year. but even without the music, still an amazing experience, unity and community and culture abound. it's like.. amsterdam comes to america.

my throat is so f'd up.. i got a chest cold on tuesday the 12th that went great with the cigarillos and umpteen doobies i smoked, not to mention the dust. the dust. on monday morning i noticed everyone had the same cough i did on thursday. *cough*hack*wheeze*

Last edited by tomatoms; 06-18-2007 at 08:34 PM..
Old 06-18-2007, 06:25 PM   #17
Level 8 - Vociferous

Bincount™: 9
Re: 2007/06/15 - Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo Festival

green crescent. (crescent fresh)

what an amazing show. amazing. i got kind of pissed when i saw some guy snap 3 flash pictures during wings pt. 1 right after maynard asked politely that they not do it -during that song-. other than that love was all over and around. flood was a great surprise. i wonder if he smelled patchouli or if it was actually.. opium? i predicted maynard would say the things he did. someone told me about the jpj no quarter thing. rolling as i was.. i was like 'if that happens, tears will be shed." I was the tall guy in the left front pit and i was wearing this 'Squeegee your third eye' bill hicks shirt. and a tool hat. adam looked so cute in those pigtails.

other fest highlights:

black angels
tortoise
galactic
ween (shroomingrins)
sts9
feist
nightwatchman
roots
the 'reggae' band that played solar cafe 'til 6:30 am sunday morning (and mon.)
Yard Dog road Show
those chicks at 'somethin' else' (and the pyrotechnics)

im sorry but the flips suck. the reason their show is so crazy with visuals and props is that their music.. sucks. my opinion. it just doesn't do anything for me. it seemed like ppl cheered the most when they got doused in confetti. i did get a laser pointer that was always on, so i put it in the crook of my ear and jammed to galactic, who were amazing.

I hear rodrigo y gabriella was incredible. ima hafta check them out in the future.
unfortunately, i didn't get to see dave cross or mago, but i pretty much made everything else had on the 'must' list. im still a bit jaded from this 4 day experience of awesomeness. man.. those shrooms i took.. it was like a bite size peyote experience. i love how the festival grounds, esp. centeroo, seemed decorated for the tripping patron. i will attend another bonnaroo provided the artist list is as appealing as this year. but even without the music, still an amazing experience, unity and community and culture abound. it's like.. amsterdam comes to america.

my throat is so f'd up.. i got a chest cold on tuesday the 12th that went great with the cigarillos and umpteen doobies i smoked, not to mention the dust. the dust. on monday morning i noticed everyone had the same cough i did on thursday. *cough*hack*wheeze*

Last edited by tomatoms; 06-18-2007 at 08:34 PM..
OFFLINE |