View Single Post
rickneal
06-04-2007, 11:36 AM

Show #9 for me. One of my least favorite of the 9. Maynard didn't have much to say to the crowd. It was the 1st time I wasn't blessed with an encore by them too.

That being said, a bad Tool show still blows everything away I've ever seen any other band try to pull off. I took my brother with me cause he had never seen them. He's probably only heard a few of their radio songs. He told me afterwards that he didn't recognize any tracks they played, but he was still taken back by the whole presentation. That's special when a band can do that. I love reading some of these experiences from 1st timers.

The Orlando crowd was awesome too. At least section 101 was. It didn't seem to be overrun with the sterotypical punks that tend to show up at these shows. I did find the douche with the glowsticks annoying. I showed up late, so I missed the guy who threw ice. Not sure what he was thinking. Did he end up getting his ass kicked? I'm guessing that's why we didn't get an encore.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:36 AM   #32
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/31 - Orlando, FL - Amway Arena

Show #9 for me. One of my least favorite of the 9. Maynard didn't have much to say to the crowd. It was the 1st time I wasn't blessed with an encore by them too.

That being said, a bad Tool show still blows everything away I've ever seen any other band try to pull off. I took my brother with me cause he had never seen them. He's probably only heard a few of their radio songs. He told me afterwards that he didn't recognize any tracks they played, but he was still taken back by the whole presentation. That's special when a band can do that. I love reading some of these experiences from 1st timers.

The Orlando crowd was awesome too. At least section 101 was. It didn't seem to be overrun with the sterotypical punks that tend to show up at these shows. I did find the douche with the glowsticks annoying. I showed up late, so I missed the guy who threw ice. Not sure what he was thinking. Did he end up getting his ass kicked? I'm guessing that's why we didn't get an encore.
OFFLINE |