View Single Post
rschackleford75
06-01-2007, 09:13 AM

Very excellent show. I was quite impressed with everything: the sound, the visuals, the crowd. It was all very good. The lasers were great to watch and added a lot to the songs they were used on. I was sitting stage right, on Adam's side, and the sound was great. I could hear the guitar, bass, and drums very well. My one complaint is that at times Maynard's vocals were a little too low. The crowd got into the show pretty good, especially when they played Stinkfist, Forty-Six & 2, and Pushit.

Melt-Banana was alright, nothing spectacular. It was cool hearing some of the guitar effects that the guy was spewing out, but at times it was just too much screeching.

Jambi: I kind of liked this as an opener. The boys all came out and took their places and just went right into it. Danny was wearing an Orlando Magic jersey, which was nice. I did not recognize Maynard or Adam at first, considering MJK was all wrapped up in an orange jacket and Adam's hair looked considerably shorter. Anyway, I liked the screens and lights on Jambi, the fire and woman on the screen reflected off the stage and looked awesome.

Stinkfist: I really liked the (-)Ions intro to this song, was not expecting it. The crowd went crazy for this one and at times we drowned out Maynard ("I'll keep digging"). Glad to hear it live, although I was kind of hoping for the extended version. Not complaining though.

Forty-Six & 2: Again, the crowd really liked this one. Tons of energy coming out of everyone, the band included. The bass intro knocked me off my feet. Maynard's dancing/moving on this one was of particular note, as he was swaying around bent over.

Schism: This one had a nice intro, and they played it well, but it was not really a highlight for me. The music video for it played on the screens in the background. I think the coolest part of the song was when they extended the middle and sped it up, my friends and I really enjoyed it.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned: I was really looking forward to hearing this live. Maynard went down and got his megaphone for it. Hearing the opening notes and "Alrighty then, picture this if you will" was so exciting. I was impressed with how Maynard nailed the vocals, and the whole band was pretty spot-on. The visuals of the guy running in the road, the alien, and all the space-related stuff fit well, and I had a good time watching those. Best part was the pinnacle when Maynard came back in with "ooooooverwhelmed as one would be". I think I heard him add a nice growl to it before saying 'overwhelmed'.

Pushit: the band played a pretty long intro to this, lots of synths. I was hoping for this one over Right In Two, and being that Pushit is my favorite Tool song, I went crazy when I heard Adam begin to play it. The rest of the crowd seemed pretty surprised to hear it as well. Tons of cheers.

Wings For Marie/10K Days: The band took a bit of an intermission, all coming to the stage to sit down. Justin lit his lighter, and the whole arena followed suit. My friends and I put up our zippo's, and looked around at the "sea of fire". It was quite a sight. I had seen this done once before, at a Nine Inch Nails concert during "Hurt". It's great. After that, once the whole place was filled with smoke and the circle lights from the ceiling came down, the band got into position. Maynard got behind his keyboard and Justin took a seat. It was at this point that Maynard said the only thing he said all night: "No flash cameras on this song please, no flash cameras". It sucked that he had to actually say this to us, especially when people were still using them. Made Orlando look bad. Anyway, these songs were great. The lasers were amazing to watch, and the lighting was perfect. A lot of people cheered and whooed, which was a bit annoying, but oh well, nothing too bad. I think I heard Maynard better on these two songs than on any others. Overall it was breathtaking to see this performed live.

Lateralus: My God. This song was the definite highlight of the night. It was better than I could have ever hoped for. They employed everything for this song. The rings of light were still down, and the lasers were awesome as well. They showed the Lateralus eye on the screens and all the lights turned everything orange. The visuals on screen were great and mesmerizing. The playing on this song was probably the best of the night, and this was before the extended part. I had read about them extending it, but did not know exactly what to expect. Needless to say I was blown away. Adam and Justin kept rythym while Danny slaughtered his drum set. All the people around us, including ourselves were almost hysterical at how incredible Danny was doing. How he does it, I will never know. Definitely the best of the night. I even think that we all drowned out Maynard during the "spiral out, keep going" parts.

Vicarious: The lasers on this song were really cool. They crossed the red and green ones to make a really cool effect. Also had the 10K Days eyes shining on the stage, which was cool to see. It closed out the set pretty nice, and the crowd liked it. Maynard let us sing "vicariously I live while the whole world dies", before coming back in to loudly yell "much better you than I".

After the show, the lights came on and everone stood up. The whole place was going crazy. The band all hugged, which was cool to see, and they threw sticks, picks, and drumheads into the crowd. I find it worth noting the guy who got two other people to lift him up down on the floor. He was lifted up on these two people's hands, high above the rest of the crowd. It was so funny, and Jusin and Adam really seemed to enjoy it.
Overall, it was a great show. Only a few minor complaints, mainly the crowd being jackasses at times and Maynard's vocals being a bit too low. But like I said, nothing that really impeded the concert.
Old 06-01-2007, 09:13 AM   #22
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/31 - Orlando, FL - Amway Arena

Very excellent show. I was quite impressed with everything: the sound, the visuals, the crowd. It was all very good. The lasers were great to watch and added a lot to the songs they were used on. I was sitting stage right, on Adam's side, and the sound was great. I could hear the guitar, bass, and drums very well. My one complaint is that at times Maynard's vocals were a little too low. The crowd got into the show pretty good, especially when they played Stinkfist, Forty-Six & 2, and Pushit.

Melt-Banana was alright, nothing spectacular. It was cool hearing some of the guitar effects that the guy was spewing out, but at times it was just too much screeching.

Jambi: I kind of liked this as an opener. The boys all came out and took their places and just went right into it. Danny was wearing an Orlando Magic jersey, which was nice. I did not recognize Maynard or Adam at first, considering MJK was all wrapped up in an orange jacket and Adam's hair looked considerably shorter. Anyway, I liked the screens and lights on Jambi, the fire and woman on the screen reflected off the stage and looked awesome.

Stinkfist: I really liked the (-)Ions intro to this song, was not expecting it. The crowd went crazy for this one and at times we drowned out Maynard ("I'll keep digging"). Glad to hear it live, although I was kind of hoping for the extended version. Not complaining though.

Forty-Six & 2: Again, the crowd really liked this one. Tons of energy coming out of everyone, the band included. The bass intro knocked me off my feet. Maynard's dancing/moving on this one was of particular note, as he was swaying around bent over.

Schism: This one had a nice intro, and they played it well, but it was not really a highlight for me. The music video for it played on the screens in the background. I think the coolest part of the song was when they extended the middle and sped it up, my friends and I really enjoyed it.

Lost Keys/Rosetta Stoned: I was really looking forward to hearing this live. Maynard went down and got his megaphone for it. Hearing the opening notes and "Alrighty then, picture this if you will" was so exciting. I was impressed with how Maynard nailed the vocals, and the whole band was pretty spot-on. The visuals of the guy running in the road, the alien, and all the space-related stuff fit well, and I had a good time watching those. Best part was the pinnacle when Maynard came back in with "ooooooverwhelmed as one would be". I think I heard him add a nice growl to it before saying 'overwhelmed'.

Pushit: the band played a pretty long intro to this, lots of synths. I was hoping for this one over Right In Two, and being that Pushit is my favorite Tool song, I went crazy when I heard Adam begin to play it. The rest of the crowd seemed pretty surprised to hear it as well. Tons of cheers.

Wings For Marie/10K Days: The band took a bit of an intermission, all coming to the stage to sit down. Justin lit his lighter, and the whole arena followed suit. My friends and I put up our zippo's, and looked around at the "sea of fire". It was quite a sight. I had seen this done once before, at a Nine Inch Nails concert during "Hurt". It's great. After that, once the whole place was filled with smoke and the circle lights from the ceiling came down, the band got into position. Maynard got behind his keyboard and Justin took a seat. It was at this point that Maynard said the only thing he said all night: "No flash cameras on this song please, no flash cameras". It sucked that he had to actually say this to us, especially when people were still using them. Made Orlando look bad. Anyway, these songs were great. The lasers were amazing to watch, and the lighting was perfect. A lot of people cheered and whooed, which was a bit annoying, but oh well, nothing too bad. I think I heard Maynard better on these two songs than on any others. Overall it was breathtaking to see this performed live.

Lateralus: My God. This song was the definite highlight of the night. It was better than I could have ever hoped for. They employed everything for this song. The rings of light were still down, and the lasers were awesome as well. They showed the Lateralus eye on the screens and all the lights turned everything orange. The visuals on screen were great and mesmerizing. The playing on this song was probably the best of the night, and this was before the extended part. I had read about them extending it, but did not know exactly what to expect. Needless to say I was blown away. Adam and Justin kept rythym while Danny slaughtered his drum set. All the people around us, including ourselves were almost hysterical at how incredible Danny was doing. How he does it, I will never know. Definitely the best of the night. I even think that we all drowned out Maynard during the "spiral out, keep going" parts.

Vicarious: The lasers on this song were really cool. They crossed the red and green ones to make a really cool effect. Also had the 10K Days eyes shining on the stage, which was cool to see. It closed out the set pretty nice, and the crowd liked it. Maynard let us sing "vicariously I live while the whole world dies", before coming back in to loudly yell "much better you than I".

After the show, the lights came on and everone stood up. The whole place was going crazy. The band all hugged, which was cool to see, and they threw sticks, picks, and drumheads into the crowd. I find it worth noting the guy who got two other people to lift him up down on the floor. He was lifted up on these two people's hands, high above the rest of the crowd. It was so funny, and Jusin and Adam really seemed to enjoy it.
Overall, it was a great show. Only a few minor complaints, mainly the crowd being jackasses at times and Maynard's vocals being a bit too low. But like I said, nothing that really impeded the concert.
OFFLINE |