View Single Post
cavalierfh
06-01-2007, 05:39 AM

This is my.. durr.. 5th? Tool show. 1st this tour.

Lovely, really lovely through and through. I think I actually became jaded this tour, because I've been so blown away every single time that I think I EXPECTED excellence this time.. and of course got it.. bummer though, used to be so pumped up after a show, now it's "Yup, that was a damn good show!"

I was so suprised they played Stinkfist (I haven't been reading prior set lists), that really made my night. Such a great song live.

I thought I heard Prison Sex start up, adn the visuals sure helped with all the coils and what not, and I was like NOOO WAAYY... but then they didn't play it, ahh well too good to be true :)

The laser light spectaculars were pretty kewl, first time seeing that on a Tool show. For a second I thought I was at a Floyd show! wOOOooOo trails. Some of the visuals especially Wings pt 2 were really wonderful.

All in all thanks for the show guys! Fantastic in every regard as always, a real class act.

EDIT:

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention, MJK interacted and moved quite a bit! Heck he faced the audience for Wings it seemed -- probably the request for no flash pix. I haven't seen him move this much since the Aenima tour. It seemed like he was in a good place!

Any music nerds know what sort of gear Adam and Maynard were rolling with? I was in the bowl in the back so I only saw what I thought where keyboards?? Seems like there was more to it then that, though.

Last edited by cavalierfh; 06-01-2007 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: added some MJK Shit
Old 06-01-2007, 05:39 AM   #19
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/05/31 - Orlando, FL - Amway Arena

This is my.. durr.. 5th? Tool show. 1st this tour.

Lovely, really lovely through and through. I think I actually became jaded this tour, because I've been so blown away every single time that I think I EXPECTED excellence this time.. and of course got it.. bummer though, used to be so pumped up after a show, now it's "Yup, that was a damn good show!"

I was so suprised they played Stinkfist (I haven't been reading prior set lists), that really made my night. Such a great song live.

I thought I heard Prison Sex start up, adn the visuals sure helped with all the coils and what not, and I was like NOOO WAAYY... but then they didn't play it, ahh well too good to be true :)

The laser light spectaculars were pretty kewl, first time seeing that on a Tool show. For a second I thought I was at a Floyd show! wOOOooOo trails. Some of the visuals especially Wings pt 2 were really wonderful.

All in all thanks for the show guys! Fantastic in every regard as always, a real class act.

EDIT:

Oh, yeah, forgot to mention, MJK interacted and moved quite a bit! Heck he faced the audience for Wings it seemed -- probably the request for no flash pix. I haven't seen him move this much since the Aenima tour. It seemed like he was in a good place!

Any music nerds know what sort of gear Adam and Maynard were rolling with? I was in the bowl in the back so I only saw what I thought where keyboards?? Seems like there was more to it then that, though.

Last edited by cavalierfh; 06-01-2007 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: added some MJK Shit
OFFLINE |