View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 09:19 AM   #152
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/18 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

This was my Third Tool concert and for me was an amazing experience. I saw them on their Lateralus tour which was my first big show. I was blown away then and this show was right up there. I saw them at the Congress last spring and this was way better, a lot of which had to do with the fact I had floor tickets. I took my girlfriend, who I actually met because she had a Tool hoodie on, and my buddy to the show. It was her first time seeing The Band though. She absolutely loved it. Maybe some people think the lasers were a bit hokie, but I was diggin em. The fact is when you've got a good buzz goin, lasers look cool man. I did miss the art backdrops though. The banners they dropped in 2002 at the Quad were unreal. The so-called "lite brite" backdrop didn't really do it for me either. I was expecting an Alex Grey art-work but maybe they couldn't get one made, I don't know. Oh, and thanks to the hippie dude who passed that splith, you’ve got to have the pot when you hear the Pot. In terms of ISIS well, either Tool likes having crappy bands open for them to make them look better or they're just trying to give these guys a break. They just had no vocal presence, which I'm sorry, you need at a rock show. All in all prob one of my best concert experiences, I could critique the show more but its been done. I would really like to hear Pushit live one of these days though that song is one of my favs. -peace
OFFLINE |