View Single Post
Old 09-22-2006, 01:09 AM   #137
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/18 - Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena

Greetings and salutations to all my brothers and sisters in Tooleville. This is my first post, so we will see where it goes. (it took me waaaaaay to long to get here...)

Okay, so this was my 3rd show (1st and 2nd were on the Lateralus tour, at the Allstate Arena with Meshuggah, and the United Center with Tomahawk). Isis was a great opener, even though they only got to play like, what, 3 freakin songs? Thier suprise set the following night at the Beat Kitchen was even better, and the $12.00 dollar shirts at the BK blew away the $38 fucking dollar Allstate ones...I mean COME ON, 70 BONES FOR A HOODIE??? I got to meet Justin at Tuesdays Isis show, and although he was a little sauced, he was still very cool and cordial. And thanks to Maynard for giving it his all on Monday, so I could have my experience on Tuesday.

Although the sound pretty much sucks at the ROSEMONT, Tool's performance on Monday was tight, with a few exceptions, but you have to expect that at a live show. Danny, Justin and Adam were an amazing force in each of thier vehicles, and as well as a cohesive whole, and the intros, variations, and extended parts were all very nice. As far as Maynard...sick in Chicago? Well, thats a new one, LOL! Yet, overall his vocals were suprisingly good (much better than the United Center show).

I was in section 113 row F, which is basically on the opposite side of the arena from the stage, so I could see everything, except for thier miniature figures onstage. I wasn't too impressed with the screen images, especially after seeing the Lateralus tour, with the awsome 3 screen animations as well as the Osseus Labrinth (sp?) preformers. And although the lasers were "cool", they were also pretty damn CHEEZYMAC! Seriously, Pink Floyd, Yes, B.O.C. and all those bands started that shit 30 years ago...let's EVOLVE shall we? MMMKAY...

Setlist was typical...can we get older material other than the hit songs, PLEASE??? Lost Keys & Rosetta were a really nice touch, & Wings 1&2 were phenomenal (with the exception of my drunk ass girlfriend , who decided to get high on top of it, and then proceed to grind her ass on me like a stripper...and although normally I wouldn't mind, it just wasn't appropriate during those songs - she's NOT much of a toolphile). Oh btw, thanks to the blond girl behind me who was nice enough to give me a hit off her pipe, after making sure to ask if I was a cop...really...yeah, so whoever you are, my bad for not getting your name. yeah, that hit really hepled me get in the zone to pick up all the little nuances...

oh yeah, people, I will say this one time...holding up your lighters is and always has been reaaaaly lame. I mean not as lame as holding up cell phones, but still...

anybody know what new design was on Danny's new kick heads, or has a picture of them? I was waaaay to far away to make it out.

"fuck all you junkies, and fuck your short memories...fuck all you junkies, and fuck your short memories...fuck all you junkies, and fuck your short memories..." nice, HAHAHA!

the pizza comment was gay...no more philosophical banter anymore Maynard??? is that all we are in Chicago? I mean, granted, our pizza is the shit, but cum on!

okay...well, enough of my compliments and complaints for now...if I can recall anything else, i'll get back...although most of the rest of the show is in my alterd conciousness haze =D...PEACE DA' FUCKKK OUT, FO' SHIZZLE! LOL!!!!!!