View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 01:59 PM   #38
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/08/30 - Englewood, CO - Coors Amphitheater

Got there early, waited in line outside...finally in the venue...waited outside the actual amphitheater. But while waiting out there I was treated to the last 20min or so of Tool's soundcheck, which made the anticipation for the show even greater.

The show was great. Isis was a better opener than Meshuggah back in 2002, but their sound was a little off, too much bass I think (frequency not instrument). I was afriad the mix would be the same for Tool, but their sound was great, other than the vocals drifting in and out once in a while.

Visuals were, as always, breathtaking, and one reason I keep coming back to see Tool. Chet Zar is an amazing artist and deserves a lot of credit for setting the atmosphere and expressing moods.

The band nailed it. Instrumentation was near flawless, big credit to Adam, Danny, and Justin (nice one handed 46&2 intro by Justin). Maynard sounded like he was on all night, it was tough to tell with 17,000 people screaming the lyrics all around you, but what I could hear was spot on.

Pumped to see them in the New Year, (Was Maynard ever a scout?) I've been dying to see H. live and hope that the next time.

Maynardism: "Domo arigato...Good Evening"
OFFLINE |