View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 02:53 AM   #15
Introverted Extrovert

Bincount™: 6698
Re: 2006/08/30 - Englewood, CO - Coors Amphitheater

I could not believe the line to get in at the south entrance, which wrapped around the parking lot twice, but I refused to stand in it...just went right to the entrance, bypassing the line. The security was loose, and they scanned my ticketfast ticket, no ripping it ??

dagoogkfather - where were you sitting or what were you on?

The show was absolutely amazing and flawless. Where I was sitting, sec 203, pretty much dead center of the venue, the visuals and sound were perfect. So clear and crisp. The wind made the sound circle a bit, but it sounded great. Loud, clean, perfect, except I didn't vibrate with the bass that much. The crowd was very well-behaved, saw some people taken out by security during Isis, which also sounded good, except for the growling parts. The crowd was mellow for the most part, cheering, a little dancing, and a lot of participation during most songs.

Loved Opiate, with the sheep sounds before...prefect intro to that song. I expected the stage to show more visuals after reading the reviews, but only really saw the small wall behind the band, and the stage seemed to merely reflect what was on there...perhaps it would've been better if the stage was a mirror, slightly slanted, but wouldn't the band fall off?

The lights were good, lasers were as well, but I don't think it had the effect they were hoping for with the wind blowing the smoke out so fast. 3 UFO-type structures near the end, but no x-mas lights hanging from them? I loved the video to Rosetta. I loved Rosetta. After seeing the show at the Buell a few months ago, I think the only addition was Opiate (aka "Jesus Christ" :o) - and no "pound of flesh") and the only change was the sped-up middle to Schism. And "fuck Rupert Murdoch..." I would have liked more of a variation, but it rocked. Everyone was tight. I think they played for 1 hr 45 mins? After the show, we just chilled until the crowd was gone and they kicked us out. Nice 15 or so minutes to sit and just take it all in.

I really hope the scout's honor will hold true, although I don't know which "new year" Maynard was referring to. Thanks Tool, for another awesome show!

Last edited by ladycommish; 08-31-2006 at 08:14 PM..
OFFLINE |