View Single Post
Old 09-23-2006, 07:36 AM   #30
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 1
Re: 2006/09/22 - Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills

I bitched about 5 people around me out (218 row 13) out for leaving to get drinks during Wings/10k Days. Why can't fans appreciate Tool if the music isn't heavy? The guy and his girlfriend next to me (Canadian, could tell by the cigarettes) were really cool. Actually, most everyone was. There was an old couple who left about 20 minutes into the show and then two others who went to a big empty area to meet up with some friends so me and my bud had about 6 seats room to...well...do whatever my dancing at a Tool concert is called. Highlight for the night was by far Wings for Marie and 10,000 Days. I felt a connection to the band during those songs that I don't think I'll ever get again. Overall, the whole concert I felt like the band was singing to me and only to me. I blocked out everyone around me and just listened, because for that hour and a half, it didn't matter who I was, or who anyone around me was. We all had one thing in common, and that was Tool. I also really appreciated the fact that I didn't see a fight, or people being assholes to kids. At the end, everyone was so happy to have seen Tool that most of the yelling was cheers.

Danny: Of course, another amazing show. Drumming was absolutly superb during Forty Six and 2. I also really thought Lateralus was a highlight for the drumming.

Justin: Absolutly sick. Basslines were on time and creating the whole overall experience. I was really astounded at the complexity. Next show you go to, try to pick up the base ONLY. Its really amazing.

Maynard: Messed up The Pot (I didn't even realize until watching a recording today) but otherwise was on time everytime. I noticed how kicked up the speed of the early lyrics in Rosetta Stoned were. I know them all and I got lost. Extremly good tonight. Lack of Maynardisms though =/.

Adam: Absolutly outstanding. The solo in stinkfist (I think??) and being on cue through out the whole concert. I remember what made me excited for Wings was when a member of the stage crew set a stool out on the floor. Excellent Job.

Band: Overall, the bands performance was outstanding, I was a little dissapointed at my seats, but the stage and lights more than made up for it. Thanks for a great concert!

Also, most of the songs had intros, I just don't remember which.

I really want to thank the other fans tonight, you all made this experience more memorable for me.

Hopefully we'll get another tour date soon?