View Single Post
Elgyn's Avatar Elgyn
02-03-2011, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
First off I love the Myer Music Bowl! It's a phenomenal venue well suited to tool, my only disclaimer being you need to sort yourself out seats in the stalls - forget GA, unless you get there at 2am three days before the show to secure yourself a great position or you're at least 10 foot tall!
It wasn't as crazy as you might think. I left work at 3 and started lining up a little before 4. Then I made a mad dash for the barrier and got there no worries (everyone headed straight down the hill so I just ran across a little way and it was empty for ages). After last time when I had a shyte view only a couple of rows back I was determined to get a better view. The barrier was actually really awesome. I probably missed some of the detail of the guys playing, but seeing the stage and the venue in its entirety was cool too. I think I'll have to join Tool Army for the pre-sale.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #28
Level 10 - Vehement

Bincount™: 318
Re: 02.02.11 - Melbourne @ Myer Bowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyboy View Post
First off I love the Myer Music Bowl! It's a phenomenal venue well suited to tool, my only disclaimer being you need to sort yourself out seats in the stalls - forget GA, unless you get there at 2am three days before the show to secure yourself a great position or you're at least 10 foot tall!
It wasn't as crazy as you might think. I left work at 3 and started lining up a little before 4. Then I made a mad dash for the barrier and got there no worries (everyone headed straight down the hill so I just ran across a little way and it was empty for ages). After last time when I had a shyte view only a couple of rows back I was determined to get a better view. The barrier was actually really awesome. I probably missed some of the detail of the guys playing, but seeing the stage and the venue in its entirety was cool too. I think I'll have to join Tool Army for the pre-sale.