View Single Post
Seek to the Death Rattle's Avatar Seek to the Death Rattle
02-03-2011, 04:36 AM

Just arrived home to Auckland, over 24 hours after the showed finished. Well worth the trip over from NZ again (made the same 48 hour journey in 2007), so now heres my short take on events.....

Firstly great review by inequitude.....all very well said my friend. And also thanks to Junior for what was mainly an epic experience. Sounds like you had a tough job indeed (not being able to se the stage) Also nice to hear some positive words being said about Jakob by Australian Tool fans. Seems they are developing a bit of a habit of getting NZ artists to come over and open for them at their Oz side shows. They are indeed quality.

Third Eye was simply epic as described by most and a great opener....I think for parts of that song I went somewhere to outter space. And yes, great to hear You Lied indeed. I could whinge and moan about the error in R in 2, or the setlist etc but basically for me, these guys are simply the greatest band of our generation, and when they do make mistakes it shows they are human and it adds to the live experience as someone else described. I know myself being a musician that those songs are pretty fucking difficult to pull off live, so the fact that they do, sometimes perfectly a lot of the time, is something special. We should remember that 75% of them are almost 50. Things change, a voice is an instrument too, that needs to be looked after. New album will be interesting to see what their approach is now. I will still say that Lateralus is the greatest album ever made and I know I'll never get those same sets I witnessed in London in 2002 or the same energy/talkativeness from MJK, but there's always been a slighlty different feel or theme to the albums, which I find cool. I hope qz8qdr gets his intolerance. I almost feel bad now that I got it and he hasnt seeing as it seems he has just about gone to every show!
Myer Music Bowl is a great venue, with excellent sound again. think i was 4th row in 07, and 14th last night. Both great experiences. And yes Jeff FRiedl was both hilarious and very very good on that djembe i think it was?
MJK after they all left..."i think i just saw a ninja?"

I think the band all appreciated the crowd tonight too. Maynard seemed a bit more receptive. At Akl BDO he just pissed off as soon as stinkfist finished, ha! Prob cos some cocks were throwing bottles at them?
Great crowd, more than made up for my 'annoying pushing/slam dancing/moshing/dread-flicking' people i was surrounded by at BDO Auckland.
Thanks Melbourne, great city, great people, and great fucken concert

Shrouding all the ground around me is this holy crow above me

Last edited by Seek to the Death Rattle; 02-03-2011 at 04:40 AM..
Old 02-03-2011, 04:36 AM   #22
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 02.02.11 - Melbourne @ Myer Bowl

Just arrived home to Auckland, over 24 hours after the showed finished. Well worth the trip over from NZ again (made the same 48 hour journey in 2007), so now heres my short take on events.....

Firstly great review by inequitude.....all very well said my friend. And also thanks to Junior for what was mainly an epic experience. Sounds like you had a tough job indeed (not being able to se the stage) Also nice to hear some positive words being said about Jakob by Australian Tool fans. Seems they are developing a bit of a habit of getting NZ artists to come over and open for them at their Oz side shows. They are indeed quality.

Third Eye was simply epic as described by most and a great opener....I think for parts of that song I went somewhere to outter space. And yes, great to hear You Lied indeed. I could whinge and moan about the error in R in 2, or the setlist etc but basically for me, these guys are simply the greatest band of our generation, and when they do make mistakes it shows they are human and it adds to the live experience as someone else described. I know myself being a musician that those songs are pretty fucking difficult to pull off live, so the fact that they do, sometimes perfectly a lot of the time, is something special. We should remember that 75% of them are almost 50. Things change, a voice is an instrument too, that needs to be looked after. New album will be interesting to see what their approach is now. I will still say that Lateralus is the greatest album ever made and I know I'll never get those same sets I witnessed in London in 2002 or the same energy/talkativeness from MJK, but there's always been a slighlty different feel or theme to the albums, which I find cool. I hope qz8qdr gets his intolerance. I almost feel bad now that I got it and he hasnt seeing as it seems he has just about gone to every show!
Myer Music Bowl is a great venue, with excellent sound again. think i was 4th row in 07, and 14th last night. Both great experiences. And yes Jeff FRiedl was both hilarious and very very good on that djembe i think it was?
MJK after they all left..."i think i just saw a ninja?"

I think the band all appreciated the crowd tonight too. Maynard seemed a bit more receptive. At Akl BDO he just pissed off as soon as stinkfist finished, ha! Prob cos some cocks were throwing bottles at them?
Great crowd, more than made up for my 'annoying pushing/slam dancing/moshing/dread-flicking' people i was surrounded by at BDO Auckland.
Thanks Melbourne, great city, great people, and great fucken concert

Shrouding all the ground around me is this holy crow above me

Last edited by Seek to the Death Rattle; 02-03-2011 at 04:40 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote