View Single Post
Old 01-31-2007, 04:22 AM   #25
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/01/21 - Gold Coast, AUS - Parklands

much love. was way off my tree to remember everything, but i know it was beautiful, and every time i listen to the cds i get a little flashback...

marvellous.

editstyles.;; ok, so this was my second time witnessing a live performance from tool. i avoided the whole standing/moshing bs as i was more interested in enjoying the music than being crushed by 30,000 cunts.

and enjoy it i did. sat up on the hill infront of the screen, enjoying random cuddles with the nice chickies around who felt about as good as i did due to tool, constant goosebumps, crazy eye wobbles and feelings of euphoria. sure, i took alot of Es, but it was the only way i could live through the rest of the crap all day ;p it was fun in the boiler room, sneaky sound system were a bit quiet but they attracted plenty of flange, and about the only band i gave five minutes of my time to were muse while i waited for the toolio.

first toolgasm came midway through 46&2, second came on strong during jambi, schism, opiate and lateralus gave me multiples and i obviously lost count by aenima. was so off chops i couldn't remember the name of sober, the first tool song i ever listened to. haha.

overall, a fucking awesome, raw performance from where i was, made me feel like it was opiate days and that performance furthered that feeling. can't fucking wait for nov/dec, will follow them to a few of their shows this time around.

my only gripe was no rosetta stoned. well, that isn't really even a gripe, but i was surprised that they didn't play it, it was one of those songs i expected... i was hoping for wings/10kd but kinda knew it wouldn't happen. when they come back, i'm going to shed many tears during wings1/2. my anticipation is already unbearable.

ta maynard/danny/justin/adam.
01/06/06: I DO NOT BELIEVE. I DON'T BELIEVE THERE IS NO "GOD". THERE IS NO "GOD". can you not see the definition between the two? honestly. i don't have a belief because for me to have a belief i would therefore consider the idea. but i don't even consider it. i never said i had proof there was no "god" for fuck's sake. just get a grip on the subject.

Last edited by diabz; 01-31-2007 at 10:09 PM.. Reason: elaborating
OFFLINE |