View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 07:26 PM   #94
Level 7 - Loquacious

Bincount™: 17
Re: 2006/09/30 - Washington D.C. - Verizon Arena

Great show. I was quite happy to see Maynard more enthusiastic and energetic (and healthy) than at the last show I saw in Philly on May 17th. Would have been nice to see a mixed-up setlist, but I wasn't expecting one. Right In Two was FUCKING awesome in May, so I was a little disappointed at its absence from this show; Wings made up for it. I also heard from some source (TDN? I can't remember) that the guys were practicing The Grudge along with Wings about a month ago or so, and that could possibly mean it would show up along the tour somewhere. It would have owned face if it could have been this show.

Some of the lighting effects were kinda cheesy (like the strings of lights that came up during Lateralus), but not bad overall. Anything I can bring up to criticize is really pretty insignificant, since it really was a fucking great show and I loved every minute of it. It's great to see how well they work with each other as musicians, the level of communication they have between them; if they get off time, they just exchange looks, do some little nod or gesture, Danny smacks a drum and they're back in rhythm. Great stuff.

I brought my fiance; she's not the Tool type, listening mostly to mainstream and hip-hop, but I wanted to share with her this music I love so much and get her to experience it. She really enjoyed the show and now has a greater appreciation for Tool. So that's a plus =D

edit: ^ Seconded on "Pushit," as long as it's the long tabla version. I'd spooge.
Richmond - Richmond Coliseum. 6-7-07
OFFLINE |