View Single Post
stlcards
08-13-2007, 03:47 AM

Here I go with a review:

Venue and organization-lot smaller than expected, but not bad, really old. Never really any lines for refreshments, just too bad beer was only sold outside. There were some sound problems, but all in all the venue is acceptable. I wonder the announcement of supposed 2 hour show by Tool, which did not come true. As said before, not sure whose fault, but what can we do.
Fans-Lots of children running around, I suppose due to the Dir En Grey show (btw, what the hell is that band? Did not enjoy that, I have to say). The occasional mosher was not bad and people really did seem to enjoy the show quite a lot. The people around us seemed to enjoy in a peaceful manner, which is always appreciated.
Performance-Compared to last year in Prague, that one was better, but only because it was longer. Danny is unreal as always, but seeing him live is just a stunning. Maynard seemed really ok, he spoke some, some interaction with the crowd, danced a lot and just was amazing. I personally love to watch Justin play, incredible guy and bass player. The little unplugged thing was interesting, but glad didn't last long. Schism was a highlight for me with the faster bridge and amazing drumming. Lateralus was simply amazing, also great to see Flood live. All other songs were great as always. Oh, and I actually don't mind Jambi as the opener, however, I think they were still playing with the sound too much during the song.
Visuals-Unreal, I am so sad that I coudn't see Wings with the laser show we'ver read so much about. The lasers during Lateralus were awesome, the stage setting is wonderful with the huge backdrop and four small screens with projection. Lots of times you don't know where to look and what to watch.

Overall, disappointed about the short setlist, mainly with the promise of a long set from the Festival management. Great to see them live again, they are the best band in the world, so honestly if I got to see 4 songs, I would be fucking happy. So all in all thank you Tool and see you again soon.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:47 AM   #6
Level 4 - Thinker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2007/08/12 - Katowice, Poland @ Spodek - Metal Hammer Festival

Here I go with a review:

Venue and organization-lot smaller than expected, but not bad, really old. Never really any lines for refreshments, just too bad beer was only sold outside. There were some sound problems, but all in all the venue is acceptable. I wonder the announcement of supposed 2 hour show by Tool, which did not come true. As said before, not sure whose fault, but what can we do.
Fans-Lots of children running around, I suppose due to the Dir En Grey show (btw, what the hell is that band? Did not enjoy that, I have to say). The occasional mosher was not bad and people really did seem to enjoy the show quite a lot. The people around us seemed to enjoy in a peaceful manner, which is always appreciated.
Performance-Compared to last year in Prague, that one was better, but only because it was longer. Danny is unreal as always, but seeing him live is just a stunning. Maynard seemed really ok, he spoke some, some interaction with the crowd, danced a lot and just was amazing. I personally love to watch Justin play, incredible guy and bass player. The little unplugged thing was interesting, but glad didn't last long. Schism was a highlight for me with the faster bridge and amazing drumming. Lateralus was simply amazing, also great to see Flood live. All other songs were great as always. Oh, and I actually don't mind Jambi as the opener, however, I think they were still playing with the sound too much during the song.
Visuals-Unreal, I am so sad that I coudn't see Wings with the laser show we'ver read so much about. The lasers during Lateralus were awesome, the stage setting is wonderful with the huge backdrop and four small screens with projection. Lots of times you don't know where to look and what to watch.

Overall, disappointed about the short setlist, mainly with the promise of a long set from the Festival management. Great to see them live again, they are the best band in the world, so honestly if I got to see 4 songs, I would be fucking happy. So all in all thank you Tool and see you again soon.
OFFLINE |