View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 09:09 PM   #21
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/05/17 - Upper Darby, PA - Tower Theatre

severly disappointing. i flew to philly from north carolina by myself, since i only came up with one ticket. the ticket was horrible, second to last row on the floor, but i was hoping the small venue would make up for it.

it didn't.

i was in the seat right next to the door leading to the aisle. i had to deal with people talking constantly during the show as they came back from getting another round of beer. there was hardly any energy in the crowd. i know because i could see everyone very cleary from behind. during most songs the crowd was just standing there with a few people bobbing around.

i have no complaints with the band. maynard was sick but at least he still sang. he didn't sing certain lines to songs and on others he lowered the notes so he could hit them with ease, but it was still a good performance. the rest of the band did fine with a few fuck ups.

my problem was the sound. the volume was horrible. i'm sure it was better closer to the front, but being so far back it was like hearing the band from a distance. i could get louder and cleaner sound in my shitty stock sound system in my car. i just couldn't get into the show at all because the music wasn't driving enough, and no one else was really feeling it either from what i could see with the exception of a few around the front.

next time i won't settle for bad seats. glad some people enjoyed it.

Quote:
Maynard seems to be "burnt out" already.
i agree with this. could have been because he was sick, but it seemed like he was just going through the motions.

Last edited by thegears; 05-17-2006 at 09:13 PM..
OFFLINE |