View Single Post
T00LFAN121's Avatar T00LFAN121
11-25-2007, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emericus View Post
This discussion has been locked until just a little while ago- so nobody could post until now.

Setlist: Don't have it, but pretty much the same.

Overall: SLC seems to be the land of extremes. The mountains vs. the valley. The mormons vs. the occultists. The summer heat vs. the winter cold. The moshers vs. the sit and do nothings.

The sound at the E Center sucked and had to be screwing with the band somewhat. The energy sucked where I was at (section 120) and seemed to suck in most of the seated areas. The crowd really bothered me. Maynard said a few things but I couldn't understand a word. He held up some signs, and I think they were an 8 & a 9. I was straight, as usual. I took my neice and enjoyed seeing her see Tool for the first time, so that was good. No comparison to the Winston-Salem, NC show at all. So glad I got that one.

To Tool,
I grabbed hold of my ass but still didn't go anywhere. Sorry if it wasn't that good for you either. Don't play there again. I still think you are the greatest band out there and always appreciate your efforts. Hope you get some R & R and better crowds at the rest of the semi-west-coast shows. Come back to WS, NC. We'll take good care of yall there. Best to you all.

Dude, I was in 120, and I thought the energy was fantastic! There were a few people sitting down, but I still thought the concert was bad ass. This was my second TOOL concert, and definately, better than my first. The setlist is as follows:
1. Jambi
2. (-) Ions (Maynard greets Salt Lake City and "chats" with the crowd)
3. Stinkfist (extended)
4. Forty-Six & 2
5. Schism (extended, double-time)
6. Rosetta Stoned (No Lost Keys)
7. Flood
-Intermission (Laser show with the new "Vicarious" shot)-
8. Wings for Marie pt. 1
9. 10,000 Days Wings pt. 2
10. Lateralus (drum-off w/TransAm drummer)
11. Vicarious

I will agree with the previous quotes, at times it was hard to hear Maynard, but it was not the venue's fault. I saw TOOL the last time they came to the E-Center, and the sound quality was great. From Schism on, the sound quality did get a lot better.
One cool thing that did happen to my friends and I is that when we arrived at the show at 5 'o clock, we immediately ran in to buy our merchandise. As soon as we walked in, we heard a lot of reverb coming from the other side of the walls. I thought that these were just "techies" tuning TOOL's stuff, but then I heard them start to play Stinkfist!!! We got to hear Stinkfist before the show even started, and there was only a handful of lucky witnesses there. I cannot believe how great Maynard sounds live!!! As always, the light show, and the band, was AMAZING!!!

Last edited by T00LFAN121; 11-26-2007 at 12:04 AM..
Old 11-25-2007, 11:51 PM   #13
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: Nov 24 Salt Lake City, UT E Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by emericus View Post
This discussion has been locked until just a little while ago- so nobody could post until now.

Setlist: Don't have it, but pretty much the same.

Overall: SLC seems to be the land of extremes. The mountains vs. the valley. The mormons vs. the occultists. The summer heat vs. the winter cold. The moshers vs. the sit and do nothings.

The sound at the E Center sucked and had to be screwing with the band somewhat. The energy sucked where I was at (section 120) and seemed to suck in most of the seated areas. The crowd really bothered me. Maynard said a few things but I couldn't understand a word. He held up some signs, and I think they were an 8 & a 9. I was straight, as usual. I took my neice and enjoyed seeing her see Tool for the first time, so that was good. No comparison to the Winston-Salem, NC show at all. So glad I got that one.

To Tool,
I grabbed hold of my ass but still didn't go anywhere. Sorry if it wasn't that good for you either. Don't play there again. I still think you are the greatest band out there and always appreciate your efforts. Hope you get some R & R and better crowds at the rest of the semi-west-coast shows. Come back to WS, NC. We'll take good care of yall there. Best to you all.

Dude, I was in 120, and I thought the energy was fantastic! There were a few people sitting down, but I still thought the concert was bad ass. This was my second TOOL concert, and definately, better than my first. The setlist is as follows:
1. Jambi
2. (-) Ions (Maynard greets Salt Lake City and "chats" with the crowd)
3. Stinkfist (extended)
4. Forty-Six & 2
5. Schism (extended, double-time)
6. Rosetta Stoned (No Lost Keys)
7. Flood
-Intermission (Laser show with the new "Vicarious" shot)-
8. Wings for Marie pt. 1
9. 10,000 Days Wings pt. 2
10. Lateralus (drum-off w/TransAm drummer)
11. Vicarious

I will agree with the previous quotes, at times it was hard to hear Maynard, but it was not the venue's fault. I saw TOOL the last time they came to the E-Center, and the sound quality was great. From Schism on, the sound quality did get a lot better.
One cool thing that did happen to my friends and I is that when we arrived at the show at 5 'o clock, we immediately ran in to buy our merchandise. As soon as we walked in, we heard a lot of reverb coming from the other side of the walls. I thought that these were just "techies" tuning TOOL's stuff, but then I heard them start to play Stinkfist!!! We got to hear Stinkfist before the show even started, and there was only a handful of lucky witnesses there. I cannot believe how great Maynard sounds live!!! As always, the light show, and the band, was AMAZING!!!

Last edited by T00LFAN121; 11-26-2007 at 12:04 AM..
OFFLINE |