View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 12:18 AM   #7
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/09/09 - Phoenix, AZ - Cricket Pavilion

Absolutely beautiful, Tool puts on an amazing show. I hope whoever threw that water bottle got the shit kicked out of him because he definitely desrved it... Besides Maynard being sick the show was pure awesome.

Highlights:

Stinkfists alternative version - Always great to hear them go into that alternative transition with the crowd still chanting along with the originals lines, danny's electric drum segment still sends chills down my spine.

46&2 - although Maynard was giving due punishment to the audience for harassing him with the water bottle the song was great to hear, made everything seem so naked without maynard's soaring vocals. Intense drum fill towards the end, amazing to witness and hear live.

Schism's double time through the middle section - Made the song seem new again. Incredible musicianship from all of them during that segment, danny's fills were incredible.

Opening riff into lateralus - Lights illuminating the sky, lasers hitting every direction, and mind opening visuals with millions of blinding colors... spiral out motherfuckers...

10,000 Days, Wings for Marie - Simply breathtaking... It was the end of the night and nobody thought they'de do it. Spot on, everything, the effects, Maynard's voice, and all instrumental sections, I could't have asked for anything more. In the words of MJK before they began their epic..."This one's for Christ..."'

Long Live Tool \m/ -_-