View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 02:49 AM   #28
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/06/24 - Katowice, POL - Spodek Arena

Correct me if I'm wrong but are the people that post here NOT satisfied with the concert? You must have been sooooo high ;)

I went to bed at 5 a.m. - it is a long way from Katowice to Poznan, weary but without any regrets!

My first tool gig and I have to admit that I had a great time. The band played the songs that I wanted to hear (Stinkfist, AEnema and Lateralus). I can't complain about the quality of the sound - for those who do - have you ever been in Stodola in Warsaw? After the (disastrous - in my opinion) Mars Volta concert last year I think it would take a total catastrophe to make me complain ;)

Maynard did not say much, perhaps someone told him that such greetings as "hello, Belgium" (like in Glasgow, if I'm correct) would not be found welcome in Poland ;) Although he could have tried: "Are there any Ukrainians here?" It was a much greater chance to meet someone from Ukraine yesterday iin Katowice, than in the UK. :) He was silent (between the songs, of course ;) ) and limited himself only to "Good evening" and "see you in November, hopefully".

The band... Justin was bustling with energy, Maynard also seemed to enjoy himself ( I couldn't see correctly but I think he didn't have his cowboy hat with him). I coulnd't see Danny and Adam, apart from a couple of times, but that didn't ruin the show for me, I had a great time listening to the music.

There were some people who just stood there like rocks, unmoved by the band. Perhaps that's the way they enjoy music and I'm absolutely okay with that, but I do have a suggestion for them: next time you go to a show like that, get seats!

Felt inspired, fathomed the power, witnessed the beauty, swung on the spiral.

Guys, thanks for an amazing evening and see you in November!!
OFFLINE |