View Single Post
Phorty's Avatar Phorty
09-26-2006, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsdexmt View Post

and as far as constant radioplay of Vicarious (and The Pot), maybe you're unaware. There DOES exist a thing called oversaturation, which can profoundly effect the public opinion of a band. You might not think that matters, but if Tool wasn't selling millions and millions of albums and reaching #1 chart numbers, they wouldn't be able to afford Alex Grey, their album layouts period, their monsterous live sets, their specialized equipment, etc.

Vicarious getting constant radio play could very easily lead to the mainstream audiance being sick of Tool.

The oversaturation concept you refer to is a bad thing because?
Tool seldom does extravagent media/promotions for their music , therefore they need the airplay , ALSO its the individual radio stations /disc jockies that regulate what gets air play , in that sense the band really has no input as to HOW MUCH the song gets played , therefore there is no direct link to the band and how much revenue they recieve off of radioplay.

The whole "mainstream audience being sick of Tool"?
I had no idea TOOL was mainstream or relied upon their mainstream appeal for success, the last i heard they were on a small label ,self promoted and seldom did interviews. Go figure.
"squeegeeing my third glass eye"
Old 09-26-2006, 05:53 AM   #107
Level 6 - Very Deep Thinker

Bincount™: 1
Re: Is Vicarious getting overplayed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsdexmt View Post

and as far as constant radioplay of Vicarious (and The Pot), maybe you're unaware. There DOES exist a thing called oversaturation, which can profoundly effect the public opinion of a band. You might not think that matters, but if Tool wasn't selling millions and millions of albums and reaching #1 chart numbers, they wouldn't be able to afford Alex Grey, their album layouts period, their monsterous live sets, their specialized equipment, etc.

Vicarious getting constant radio play could very easily lead to the mainstream audiance being sick of Tool.

The oversaturation concept you refer to is a bad thing because?
Tool seldom does extravagent media/promotions for their music , therefore they need the airplay , ALSO its the individual radio stations /disc jockies that regulate what gets air play , in that sense the band really has no input as to HOW MUCH the song gets played , therefore there is no direct link to the band and how much revenue they recieve off of radioplay.

The whole "mainstream audience being sick of Tool"?
I had no idea TOOL was mainstream or relied upon their mainstream appeal for success, the last i heard they were on a small label ,self promoted and seldom did interviews. Go figure.
"squeegeeing my third glass eye"
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote