View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 03:29 PM   #15
Banned.

Bincount™: 108
Re: Weird for Justin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelectron View Post
Guys, to be honest there is no point discussing this subject. Firstly it aint right for Paul, for a simple reason that he was a part of Tool (and everything that it might mean and express) even up to almost the whole Aenima album, even though the bass on aenima is played by Justin. i met Tool 10 years ago with the Stinkfist and eventually the rest of this masterpiece, cos aenima is generally one big piece and I, just like everybody fell in love with them like most of Tools fans. i didnt even know that Justin was a "freshman" (with Tool) from 96. No doubt, Justin is an awesome bass player, perfectly suited for Tool. and to my disappointment THE MOST ACTIVE and EAGER MEMBER OF TOOL NOWDAYS!!! ive been on a few recent Tool shows and seen dozens of Tools shows on DVD, i think everybody will agree that Justin is the only one today who enjoys playing Live E V E R Y T I M E!!! Carey is amazing but for the reason that he HAS TO BE amazing, the whole structure of Tool's music depends on his playing. Adam is steady, at least tries to be. Maynard has to be "turned on" in order to be his old self on stage, on the other hand i dont blame him cos i dnt think anybody on earth could stand performing Sober, Eulogy and other really difficult and complex songs almost everyday or day by day on their world tours. WE ALL LOVE JUSTIN!!!! BUTTTTTTT, he wouldnt play like that if it hadnt been for Paul. Justin was influnced very deeply by Pauls playing and his dark bass feel, and eventually developed it into his own thing, even though he has a totally different style and techniques. And it is no secret that Justin admits that himself in his interviews. i didnt understand what he meant untill i saw a few Tool's Live performances from 92, 93, 94, 95. WOWWWW!!! i never expected Paul to play such amazing stuff, especially on Undertow. im a bass player myself and i was in shock when i saw him playing live with Tool in 93' (Reading Festival). i was like, wooooooooow!!! so please, please, dont compare pork chops to pork beef, i hope u know what i mean....

no point in discussing? sheesh! <wipes forehead>
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote