View Single Post
Toolantie
02-02-2012, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodWeenSatan View Post
So I stayed at the same hotel the band did the night before. I know the GM well. He said the band was really nice and chill. But the hotel management was under strict instructions to keep them and Maynard apart because he's not getting along with them at all. They were having security scope out the halls, bar, pool, etc. so Maynard wouldn't bump into the rest of the band. They even insisted the tour buses be kept in separate lots. Basically, Maynard is not happy to be touring with the band again.
I have been a Tool fan since 1993. My nickname in high school was ToolGirl. I have emailed with Kabir on here in the mid 90's. 1/28/12 was my birthday and my 6th Tool concert - it was amazing. I was sad to miss the Mohegan show. They are without a doubt my favorite band. The music (vocals included) that they create resonates within me as if it is echoing something already within my soul. Despite this amazing and long time connection, being a Tool fan is complicated and counterintuitive, as song lyrics and themes (I suppose generally presented by Maynard) tell us we are lambs following the masses to be such devote fans. However, I digress...

I am completely and utterly fed up with Maynard's pretentious attitude toward humanity, fans and even his own band mates. I wonder why they would even stay at the same hotel if this is true? Also, I am not sure Maynard would have a lovely vineyard and ability to play around with side projects if it were not for the success of the band - Tool. Maybe Maynard should just Spiral Out?!

Last edited by Toolantie; 02-02-2012 at 10:11 AM..
Old 02-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #34
Level 1 - Lurker

Bincount™: 0
Re: 01.31.2012 - Uncasville, CT @ Mohegan Sun Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodWeenSatan View Post
So I stayed at the same hotel the band did the night before. I know the GM well. He said the band was really nice and chill. But the hotel management was under strict instructions to keep them and Maynard apart because he's not getting along with them at all. They were having security scope out the halls, bar, pool, etc. so Maynard wouldn't bump into the rest of the band. They even insisted the tour buses be kept in separate lots. Basically, Maynard is not happy to be touring with the band again.
I have been a Tool fan since 1993. My nickname in high school was ToolGirl. I have emailed with Kabir on here in the mid 90's. 1/28/12 was my birthday and my 6th Tool concert - it was amazing. I was sad to miss the Mohegan show. They are without a doubt my favorite band. The music (vocals included) that they create resonates within me as if it is echoing something already within my soul. Despite this amazing and long time connection, being a Tool fan is complicated and counterintuitive, as song lyrics and themes (I suppose generally presented by Maynard) tell us we are lambs following the masses to be such devote fans. However, I digress...

I am completely and utterly fed up with Maynard's pretentious attitude toward humanity, fans and even his own band mates. I wonder why they would even stay at the same hotel if this is true? Also, I am not sure Maynard would have a lovely vineyard and ability to play around with side projects if it were not for the success of the band - Tool. Maybe Maynard should just Spiral Out?!

Last edited by Toolantie; 02-02-2012 at 10:11 AM..
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote