Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
Re: 2006/11/05 - Lisbon, PRT - Atlantico Pavillion

The good:

- Seeing Rosetta Stoned live for the first time
- Having seats and not needing to jump to see the band
- Better than SBSR
- Not much smoke!
- My car didn't broke =) (remember SBSR....)
- Awesome poster and new merchandising
- Knowing they will be back in the summer!!!!!!!
- Little time between guest band and Tool. First time it happened this fast.

The bad:

- Sound (blame Pavilhao Atlantico)
- Not as beautiful to watch as the previous US tour, no video on the floor, fewer lasers, too similar to SBSR where in the US the stage was completely different (and far better IMHO)
- No Wings for Marie
- Didn't let me in with a camera, although there were lots of them inside.
- Merchandising price was still too high (I know, same as before, but it was already high in the first place)

The ugly:

- Arriving one hour earlier and entering half hour later, loosing half of guest band
- Arguing with me that I couldn't take my camera to the concert but mobile phones with camera were fine since they weren't a camera. Tickets said any audio or video recorder not allowed.

The band:

- Maynard: Decent performance. The mask looked great and allowed him to make some cool moves. Voice was almost perfect, if not perfect (blame it on the sound). We could use some more interaction, but that's a detail.
- Danny: Nothing more to say, he just rocks. Most of the time I had to think for myself "Just look somewhere else, you're loosing the rest of the show!"
- Justin: Best show I've ever seen from Justin. He was just having such a great time, he was really enjoying playing. Amazing performance, very nice to watch. The way he thanked the audience at the end, priceless. Best in show.
- Adam: We could as well be sitting on a chair cause he just wasn't there, as he never is. But as long as he still plays like he played we'll forgive him. That's just how he is and it's a small price to pay in order to ear him play.

Overall:
Second best show I've seen, I must confess I'm a bit disappointed not to ear Wings for Marie, I was hoping the same setlist as the US tour, and the same visuals which looked way better. I still think the Lateralus Tour was one of a kind, probably will not see a better concert in my life. That's the problem of setting the bar that high. In the end I was very happy, no problems in the trip to and from the venue, and knowing I won't have to wait 4 more years to see them again is just priceless... Yeah, it sucked to have greater expectation and watching them not being met, but hey, it's a Tool concert... As I said before, it's like bitching for drinking the same excellent wine again.
OFFLINE |