View Single Post
dilaudid's Avatar dilaudid
04-01-2006, 04:39 PM

i got the magazine today. i'm not about to transcribe the whole thing (it's big, but not very big), but i will for the most interesting parts...

"My friend who works for the Eagles' booking agent talked to Joe Walsh and gave him my number. A while later i got a message from Joe on my answering machine: [imitates Walsh] 'Adam Jones, this is the talk box fairy. give me a call.' i called him and he was totally cool and gave me a lot of advice. I think that the talk box on [the 10,000 Days track] "Those Shoes" is really amazing, especially how the harmonies are in each speaker. i'm really happy with how the talk box came out on this record"

(talks about sacred geometry)..."to me that is what Tool is, because everyone in my band gets that. MY band. it's my band. I asked Maynard to play with me, so Tool is my band"

..."our last record was very healing, very 'think for yourself.' the attitude on this record is more about putting people in their place, but witout controlling them. We're saying, 'you have an opinion on this, but this person who went through that whole thing may have a different perspective. you should think about that before you say something. you're not bad for thinking what you thought, but you need to consider the perspectives.' there's a lot of that on this record.

GW- maynard's line "who are you to wave your finger?" really stands out in that respect.

Jones- yes. that's the pot calling the kettle black. maynard writes all his lyrics and he'll pull in subject matter from our mutual ideas. it might be somthing that happened to him, but it's always something that we can all relate to, like telling a friend to back up for a second and try to see things from different perspectives. maynard can explain these things better, but suffice to say, it's all positive. at the end of the day, there's a lot of love from our band. i'm not kidding."
Old 04-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #33
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: Tidbits from the Guitar World Adam Jones interview...

i got the magazine today. i'm not about to transcribe the whole thing (it's big, but not very big), but i will for the most interesting parts...

"My friend who works for the Eagles' booking agent talked to Joe Walsh and gave him my number. A while later i got a message from Joe on my answering machine: [imitates Walsh] 'Adam Jones, this is the talk box fairy. give me a call.' i called him and he was totally cool and gave me a lot of advice. I think that the talk box on [the 10,000 Days track] "Those Shoes" is really amazing, especially how the harmonies are in each speaker. i'm really happy with how the talk box came out on this record"

(talks about sacred geometry)..."to me that is what Tool is, because everyone in my band gets that. MY band. it's my band. I asked Maynard to play with me, so Tool is my band"

..."our last record was very healing, very 'think for yourself.' the attitude on this record is more about putting people in their place, but witout controlling them. We're saying, 'you have an opinion on this, but this person who went through that whole thing may have a different perspective. you should think about that before you say something. you're not bad for thinking what you thought, but you need to consider the perspectives.' there's a lot of that on this record.

GW- maynard's line "who are you to wave your finger?" really stands out in that respect.

Jones- yes. that's the pot calling the kettle black. maynard writes all his lyrics and he'll pull in subject matter from our mutual ideas. it might be somthing that happened to him, but it's always something that we can all relate to, like telling a friend to back up for a second and try to see things from different perspectives. maynard can explain these things better, but suffice to say, it's all positive. at the end of the day, there's a lot of love from our band. i'm not kidding."
OFFLINE |   Reply With Quote