View Single Post
Old 11-26-2002, 01:26 PM   #11
Level 2 - Poster

Bincount™: 0
If you wonder where LA originally fits in the song, I believe it has stuff to do with Bill Hicks' Arizona Bay stuff. The whole song is themed over this idea, but taken of course to a much deeper level than the simple comic relief. As for the video, i dont think LA per se had any real importance so it didnt need to be included.

Just some random thoughts - i dont get the fat guy creator thingy either but the moment at which his..child originally awakens has some watery image...like the whole scene is either seen thru or occurs in water. Maybe this signifies that we originally belong to the water, to the vehement, and we need to return to it in order to be cleansed. All throughout the video the figures seem to be rediscovering water - the chainging perspective of their feet as the light bends in the water they stand in, the water that flows on one of the creatures' hands...The bent needle the child uses to drop its dress might mean that people are too fragile (their look is obviously fragile) and need external forces to help them see..okay that doesnt make much sense :)..more to things to say, but i have to go..