View Single Post
LeperKhan
04-23-2006, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE Mack
I wanna believe you guys but:

1.) Has any band ever released a fake album prior to the real one?
2.) Why would a band want to reward its fans for stealing by giving them new music they can't get anywhere else?
3.) Would releasing a fake album really keep anyone from downloading the real thing?

1) I don't think so... and should this turn out to be a practical joke, it will definitely go down in music history, even if someone else had released a fake album prior to releasing the real one. The amount of misinformation disseminated would be obscene.
2) Well, maybe the band doesn't see it as a reward... I don't know, I'm just being negative here, because I think the album is crap. Of course, some people do like it, so I imagine that Tool would make this available through legal means even if it was a "fake almbum." Also, do not count out the possibility that the album could be a double... I mean, there seems to be an overlying theme of stereoscopics, so two diferent albums (maybe even having the same track titles....?) released in a bundle would be right up their alley.
3) In a way.... if the file sharing servers were flooded with fake stuff... along with real track titles, it would become very difficult for someone to find the "real" Tool songs, even if they knew that there was a fake album to watch out for. Those file-sharing places are true quagmires, where a person can easily spend days trying to filter out stuff that they didn't even want to download in the first place.

Now, one question for ya'll... has there ever been a fan reaction like this, where a number of fans refuse to believe that a leaked album isn't the actual album?
Old 04-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #36
Level 3 - Talker

Bincount™: 0
Re: For all that think the leak is a hoax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE Mack
I wanna believe you guys but:

1.) Has any band ever released a fake album prior to the real one?
2.) Why would a band want to reward its fans for stealing by giving them new music they can't get anywhere else?
3.) Would releasing a fake album really keep anyone from downloading the real thing?

1) I don't think so... and should this turn out to be a practical joke, it will definitely go down in music history, even if someone else had released a fake album prior to releasing the real one. The amount of misinformation disseminated would be obscene.
2) Well, maybe the band doesn't see it as a reward... I don't know, I'm just being negative here, because I think the album is crap. Of course, some people do like it, so I imagine that Tool would make this available through legal means even if it was a "fake almbum." Also, do not count out the possibility that the album could be a double... I mean, there seems to be an overlying theme of stereoscopics, so two diferent albums (maybe even having the same track titles....?) released in a bundle would be right up their alley.
3) In a way.... if the file sharing servers were flooded with fake stuff... along with real track titles, it would become very difficult for someone to find the "real" Tool songs, even if they knew that there was a fake album to watch out for. Those file-sharing places are true quagmires, where a person can easily spend days trying to filter out stuff that they didn't even want to download in the first place.

Now, one question for ya'll... has there ever been a fan reaction like this, where a number of fans refuse to believe that a leaked album isn't the actual album?
OFFLINE |